Sociology General Knowledge Questions with Answers
1. The father of Sociology:
Answer: Auguste Comte.
2. Which is the youngest Social Science?
3. The word Sociology comes from:
Answer: Socius and Logos.
4. Which word ‘Socius’?
5. Which word ‘Logos’?
6. In which book of Auguste Comte, for the first time, the word sociology is given?
Answer: Positive Philosophy.
7. When was the book ‘Positive Philosophy’ published?
8. Etymological meaning of the term sociology:
Answer: Science of society.
9. Who said ‘Man is a social animal’?
10. The concept ‘organic analogy’ is coined by:
Answer: Herbert Spencer.
11. An Italian who made notable contribution in the development of sociology?
Answer: Giambattista Vico.
12. The Frenchman who contributed much to the development of Sociology:
13. Study of Sociology started in India in:
14. Where was sociology started for the first time in India?
Answer: University of Bombay.
15. Two schools of thought on the scope of Sociology:
Answer: Formalistic or specialistic and synthetic.
16. Is sociology a science?
17. Who conceived sociology as a sister of other Social Sciences?
Answer: S. Barry Barnes.
18. Two aspects for the analysis of society?
Answer: Atomism and Holism.
19. Which is the theory about the origin of sociology accepted mostly in modern times?
Answer: Functional Theory.
20. When was sociology started as a separate discipline in India?