Sea and Ocean GK Questions – Online General Knowledge Questions
1. Name the tropical fiber used in rope making highly resistant to sea water:
2. A flattened area along the oceanic floor is known as:
Answer: Abyssal plain.
3. Name the sea between Italy and the Balkan Peninsula which is a part of the Mediterranean Sea:
Answer: Adriatic Sea.
4. Name the Sea between Turkey and Greece:
Answer: Aegean Sea.
5. Which continent in the world has Mediterranean Sea, Red Sea, Indian Ocean and South Atlantic Ocean as its boundaries?
6. What is the warm ocean current along the south eastern part of South Africa?
Answer: Agulhas Current.
7. Name the curve to represent altitudes of an area by using specific heights above sea level:
Answer: Altimetric frequency graph.
8. Name the river that flows from the Pamir Plateau to the Aral Sea:
Answer: Amu Darya River.
9. Name certain points where the north-south oscillation of tides do not occur in the Atlantic Ocean:
Answer: Amphidromic point.
10. The Cold Ocean current in the Southern hemisphere in the Antarctic region is known as:
Answer: Antarctic Drift.
11. The ice-covered continent around the South Pole region is known as:
12. Antigua is located in which sea?
Answer: Caribbean Sea.
13. The sea between Indonesia and Northern Australia is known as:
Answer: Arafura Sea.
14. Name the ocean to the north of the Arctic Circle:
Answer: Arctic Ocean.
15. Coral reefs in the form of a ring and is with an enclosed lagoon is known as:
16. What is the name of a country which lies to the west of Caspian Sea?
17. Name an archipelago located north of the Caribbean Sea in the Atlantic Ocean:
18. Name the sea in Europe that connects the Gulf of Bothnia and that of the North Sea:
Answer: Baltic Sea.
19. Name the sea beyond the Arctic Circle and north of Sweden and Finland:
Answer: Barents Sea.
20. What is the extended and narrow ridge which is sandy and lies above the high tide level and is along the coast?
Answer: Barrier beach.