Online GK Questions with Answers – General Knowledge
1. Which American pioneer of modern dance died when her long scarf caught in the wheel of a car?
2. Which Swiss lakeside resort has an annual Television festival whose top award is The Golden Rose?
3. What was the screen of Lee Yuen Kam?
Answer: Bruce Lee.
4. Who was the founder of the great Magadha Empire?
5. Which Rajput clan once ruled over Bundelkhand?
6. According to the Old Testament, how old was Methuselah when he died?
Answer: 969 years.
7. Which sport had its first set of rules drawn up in 1848; its Association founded in 1863, and its League formed in 1888?
8. Mount Ararat is in present day:
9. Moscow’s underground system, the Metro, carries approximately how many passengers per day?
10. Who founded the Golconda dynasty?
Answer: Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah.
11. Along with ‘Perestroika’, the other reform initiated in the USSR by Mikhail Gorbachev is “glasnost”. What is it?
Answer: Freeing the stifled voice.
12. What is the meaning of bumptious?
Answer: Noisy and conceited.
13. During the Vietnam War Da-Nang, a city in east Vietnam was much written about. Why?
Answer: It was the site of a huge military base.
14. When was the earliest cave, now known as cave X, done?
Answer: First century A.D.
15. Who invented the poison gas, the decimal point and the toilet paper?
Answer: The Chinese.
16. When did Sir Alexander Fleming discover Penicillin?
17. Which mineral exists in the smallest quantity in the human body?
18. Which is the most ancient Indian treatise on astrology?
19. Any idea What Zhonghua Renmin Gongheguo is?
Answer: People’s Republic of China.
20. Which country in the world has the largest deposit of uranium?