General Questions with Answers – GK Online Questions for Everyone
1. Who founded the Slave Dynasty in the country?
Answer: Qutb al-Din Aibak.
2. Which range of hills forms a natural border between England and Scotland?
3. The laws of the U.K. are based on a written constitution kept at the House of Parliament. True or False?
4. In which type of Japanese drama do men take all the parts, ___ in the interests of propriety?
5. Who was the Jazz clarinetists nicknamed ‘The King of Swing’?
Answer: Benny Goodman.
6. What was the name of the Roman road that ran from London to Chester?
Answer: Watling Street.
7. Which young French wine is released annually on the third Thursday in November?
Answer: Beaujolais “nouveau.”
8. Which town in Southwest France is the centre of a wine-growing district famous for its brandy?
9. In which Indian city can you visit the Sikh Shrine named the Golden Temple?
10. Which Thai temple contains the country’s biggest reclining Buddha and largest collection of Buddha images?
Answer: Wat Pho.
11. During which king’s reign did Guy Fawkes try to blow up the British Parliament?
Answer: James I.
12. Which Indian crop earns the greatest amount of foreign exchange?
13. Which is the world’s oldest Railway station?
14. What is the meaning of ‘debonair’?
15. What is a Putsch an occurrence frequent during Hitler’s reign?
Answer: Forcible takeover of a government.
16. In which year did Jayaprakash Narayan establish the Bihar Socialist Party?
17. Name the principle that happiness is the sole and proper aim of human action:
18. The people who attended Buddha’s first sermon became his original disciples. How many were they?
19. Being prosecuted for the second time for the same offence is:
Answer: Double jeopardy.
20. What is the meaning of abnegation?