GK Questions in English – General Knowledge Quiz with Answers
General Knowledge Questions
1. Pesto sauce is mainly made of what?
2. Name the household item invented by Hamilton Smith?
Answer: Washing Machine
3. Which country do Rugby’s Jonah Lomu represents?
Answer: New Zealand
4. A Legislative Branch consist of _
Answer: The Congress – The Senate and The House Of Representatives
5. The Divine Ponytail in football is known by whom?
Answer: Roberto Baggio
6. Civil War in Spain ended in which year?
7. Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, Rafael are the four Masters _
Answer: High Renaissance
8. The feet which is palmiped means?
9. Name the person who is known as “The Golden Bear” in the sports?
Answer: Jack Nicklaus
10. What is the location of the Executive Branch?
Answer: The White House
11. The secret identity of Peter Parker is?
12. The Giant Panda usually feeds on _
13. The Microsoft is owned by whom?
Answer: Bill Gates
14. The number of households in the United Kingdom that currently watches TV in black & white
15. Who built The Eiffel tower?
Answer: Alexander Eiffel
GK Quiz Questions and Answers
16. In the calendar, you notice a total of _ months have exactly 30 days.
17. The unlawful killing of a human being without malice, refers to the term _
18. The periodic table of elements begin with this element as the first, name it?
19. Name the metal that is liquid at room temperature?
20. What fruit is related to Isaac Newton’s Gravity theory?
21. The term we use to refer to a baby eagle?
22. The children’s book having Cornish mermaid as one of its character is written by whom?
Answer: Helen Dunmore
23. University of Oxford, has its library named as _
24. For what measurement do the Scoville Heat Scale used?
Answer: The heat of chilies
25. The White Cliffs of Dover looks over the sea from which country?
26. Name the planet that has the fastest spins?
27. List out the names of month that has a total of 30 days.
Answer: September, April, June, November
28. The Oldest living thing on Earth is?
Answer: California’s Bristlecone Pine
29. The first battery was invented by whom?
Answer: Count Alessandro Volta
30. The regular presenters Reginald Bosanquet, Trevor McDonald, Sandy Gall, Alastair Stewart Carol Barnes and Alastair Burnett of which TV Programme?
Answer: ITv News At Ten
Top GK Quiz Questions in English
31. The southernmost part of England is _
Answer: Lizard Point
32. The baby butterfly also referred to as what?
Answer: Egg, Larva, Pupa
33. Name the seventh planet orbiting the sun?
34. Where does the phrase, “We’ll always have Paris” comes from?
Answer: Movie Casablanca
35. A ten-cent coin of the US has which person’s face?
Answer: Franklin D. Roosevelt
36. What hormone carries sugar from the blood to cells?
37. Manticore refers to _
Answer: A mythical beast that typically have the body of a lion, sting of a scorpion, and the face of a man
38. The fastest animal in the world is _
39. Name the country that has the large production of diamond all over the world?
Answer: South Africa
40. Explain, the term Judicial Branch?
Answer: The branch that decides the meaning of laws, how they are applied, and interprets laws based on the Constitution.
41. The term Male bovine is used to refer which animal?
42. A time period equal to 1000 years is _
43. During St. Crispin’s day a famous battle was fought , name it?
44. The City Yuma, Arizona, is known to be the _ city on Earth.
45. The United States got the Alaska in which year?
Answer: In the year 1867
46. What was Columbus in search of originally during his voyage
47. The needles are being used in order to heal specific points of the body; what is such treatment called?
48. A Tudor Rose consist of _ number of petal
49. Panda is having what complexion?
Answer: Black And White
50. Pick out the odd among the following.