51 Online GK Quiz
- Which is the great portrait sculpture in Egypt?
Answer: Great Sphinx of Giza.
- What is the largest unit for measuring distances in space?
Answer: Mega Parsec (Mpc).
- The professor who claimed that plants can see:
Answer: Harold Wager (in 1908).
- Which theory is used for explaining the changes in reaction rate?
Answer: Collision theory.
- Name the warehouse where imported goods are kept before the payment of import duty:
Answer: Bonded warehouse.
- To produce a stream of electrons, a special metal electrode is present in every tube. Name it:
- Long span concrete bridges are usually constructed as:
Answer: Composite Pre-stressed beam type.
- What is the name of the rock which develops as a result of gradual accumulation, consolidation and hardening of products of weathering of mineral particles brought about by wind or water?
Answer: Sedimentary rock.
- Which mathematician said, “The essence of mathematics resides in its freedom”?
Answer: Georg Cantor.
- Name the Nobel Laureate couples who invented artificial radio-active elements:
Answer: Frédéric Joliot-Curie and Irène Joliot-Curie.
- Which country is the foremost in the growth of the automobiles?
- Two sisters collaborated in writing, ‘Twinkle, twinkle little star’, Which pair?
Answer: Ann and Jane Taylor.
- 2 and 1/4 days are determined for what purpose?
Answer: To know moon stands in which sign.
- Name the type of shock absorbers which are popular with Ford Vehicles:
Answer: Rotary vane type Hydraulic Shock Absorber.
- The life period of Buddha?
Answer: 566-486 BC.
GK Quiz Questions with Answers
- Who fell in love with a statue he had carved?
- In which parliament UK has 81 seats for members who are elected for a five year term?
Answer: European Parliament.
- What is the level beyond which no more erosion occurs due to the action of running water?
Answer: Sea level.
- Sociological study mainly aims at:
Answer: Knowledge about human social life.
- Who wrote “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”?
Answer: Anita Loos.
- Which are the musical instruments used in ancient Egypt?
Answer: Harp, pipe and flute.
- What is the Messier catalogue?
Answer: It is a catalogue representing the first attempt to list the heavenly bodies difficult to identify.
- Tracheophyte are characterized by the presence of what?
Answer: Vascular strands.
- What contains terms and conditions of insurance?
Answer: Insurance Policy.
- The primary advantage of a cient/server system is that:
Answer: Shifting the process between client system & database server.
- The electrons in this shell of an atom are rather loosely held and can be dislodged entirely by collision. Name this shell:
- Name a sedimentary rock:
- Who said, “The Great Architect of the Universe now begins to appear as a pure mathematician”?
Answer: James Jeans.
- Name the person who has developed the modern sign language of the deaf: [The French man Charles-Michel de l’Épée
Answer: During 18th century)
- Who deals with the problems of Air Pollution in USA?
Answer: Environment Protection Agency – EPA.
Online GK Quiz and Answers for Everyone
- ‘The Scholar Gipsy’ is perhaps the most famous poem written about Oxford. Who wrote it?
Answer: Matthew Arnold.
- What is point of intersection of moon?
Answer: The sign in which moon stands.
- Stabilizer used in a shock absorber system are called by another name. What is it?
Answer: Sway bars.
- What is the main discovery of Buddhism?
Answer: There is nothing impossible in the world.
- Which popular singer was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and died in Memphis, Tennessee?
Answer: Elvis Presley.
- Which nymphs in Greek mythology were the guardian spirits of the sea?
- What did the British Government force to abolish in 1991, replacing it with the council tax?
Answer: Poll tax/Community charge.
- What is the term that is used to designate a sea entering the land but smaller than the gulf?
- A sociologist studies:
Answer: Social aspects of human life.
- ‘Slowly Down the Ganges’ is a remarkable account of a boat journey on the Ganga. Who is the author?
Answer: Eric Newby.
- What were the achievements of the Egyptians in the field of Mathematics?
Answer: Laid the foundations of Arithmetic and Geometry.
- Who prepared Messier catalogue and when?
Answer: The Frenchman Charles Messier in 1784. It contains more than 100 objects.
- Up to what depth of the sea do the plants grow?
Answer: 200 m.
- Which element can be toxic to plants growing in soils that are high in acidity?
- Name the consideration paid by the insured to the insurer:
- An example of network operating system is:
Answer: Windows NT/ Novell Netware.
- Name the electrons that have become dislodged from the outermost shell:
Answer: Free electrons.
- How metamorphic rocks are formed?
Answer: By metamorphosis.
- Who. said, "A mathematician is great or he is nothing”?
Answer: Alfred Adler.
- The heating up of certain gases in the atmosphere is due to the presence of the rays of the sun. By whom was this phenomenon discovered?
Answer: Joseph Fourier.
- Who deal with the problems of Noise Pollution in USA?
Answer: The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-and – Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).