51 Free General Knowledge Quizzes
Free General Knowledge Quizzes Part 1 (Questions 1-18)
1. Which is the great portrait sculpture in Egypt?
Answer: Great Sphinx of Giza.
2. What is the largest unit for measuring distances in space?
Answer: Mega Parsec (Mpc).
3. The professor who claimed that plants can see:
Answer: Harold Wager (in 1908).
4. Which theory is used for explaining the changes in reaction rate?
Answer: Collision theory.
5. Name the warehouse where imported goods are kept before the payment of import duty:
Answer: Bonded warehouse.
6. To produce a stream of electrons, a special metal electrode is present in every tube. Name it:
7. Long span concrete bridges are usually constructed as:
Answer: Composite Pre-stressed beam type.
8. What is the name of the rock which develops as a result of gradual accumulation, consolidation and hardening of products of weathering of mineral particles brought about by wind or water?
Answer: Sedimentary rock.
9. Which mathematician said, “The essence of mathematics resides in its freedom”?
Answer: Georg Cantor.
10. Name the Nobel Laureate couples who invented artificial radio-active elements:
Answer: Frédéric Joliot-Curie and Irène Joliot-Curie.
11. Which country is the foremost in the growth of the automobiles?
12. Two sisters collaborated in writing, ‘Twinkle, twinkle little star’, Which pair?
Answer: Ann and Jane Taylor.
13. 2 and 1/4 days are determined for what purpose?
Answer: To know moon stands in which sign.
14. Name the type of shock absorbers which are popular with Ford Vehicles:
Answer: Rotary vane type Hydraulic Shock Absorber.
15. The life period of Buddha?
Answer: 566-486 BC.
16. Who fell in love with a statue he had carved?
17. In which parliament UK has 81 seats for members who are elected for a five year term?
Answer: European Parliament.
18. What is the level beyond which no more erosion occurs due to the action of running water?
Answer: Sea level.
Free General Knowledge Quizzes Part 2 (Questions 19-32)
19. Sociological study mainly aims at:
Answer: Knowledge about human social life.
20. Who wrote “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”?
Answer: Anita Loos.
21. Which are the musical instruments used in ancient Egypt?
Answer: Harp, pipe and flute.
22. What is the Messier catalogue?
Answer: It is a catalogue representing the first attempt to list the heavenly bodies difficult to identify.
23. Tracheophyte are characterized by the presence of what?
Answer: Vascular strands.
24. What contains terms and conditions of insurance?
Answer: Insurance Policy.
25. The primary advantage of a cient/server system is that:
Answer: Shifting the process between client system & database server.
26. The electrons in this shell of an atom are rather loosely held and can be dislodged entirely by collision. Name this shell:
27. Name a sedimentary rock:
28. Who said, “The Great Architect of the Universe now begins to appear as a pure mathematician”?
Answer: James Jeans.
29. Name the person who has developed the modern sign language of the deaf: [The French man Charles-Michel de l’Épée
Answer: During 18th century.
30. Who deals with the problems of Air Pollution in USA?
Answer: Environment Protection Agency – EPA.
31. ‘The Scholar Gipsy’ is perhaps the most famous poem written about Oxford. Who wrote it?
Answer: Matthew Arnold.
32. What is point of intersection of moon?
Answer: The sign in which moon stands.
Free General Knowledge Quizzes Part 3 (Questions 33-51)
33. Stabilizer used in a shock absorber system are called by another name. What is it?
Answer: Sway bars.
34. What is the main discovery of Buddhism?
Answer: There is nothing impossible in the world.
35. Which popular singer was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and died in Memphis, Tennessee?
Answer: Elvis Presley.
36. Which nymphs in Greek mythology were the guardian spirits of the sea?
37. What did the British Government force to abolish in 1991, replacing it with the council tax?
Answer: Poll tax/Community charge.
38. What is the term that is used to designate a sea entering the land but smaller than the gulf?
39. A sociologist studies:
Answer: Social aspects of human life.
40. ‘Slowly Down the Ganges’ is a remarkable account of a boat journey on the Ganga. Who is the author?
Answer: Eric Newby.
41. What were the achievements of the Egyptians in the field of Mathematics?
Answer: Laid the foundations of Arithmetic and Geometry.
42. Who prepared Messier catalogue and when?
Answer: The Frenchman Charles Messier in 1784. It contains more than 100 objects.
43. Up to what depth of the sea do the plants grow?
Answer: 200 m.
44. Which element can be toxic to plants growing in soils that are high in acidity?
45. Name the consideration paid by the insured to the insurer:
46. An example of network operating system is:
Answer: Windows NT/ Novell Netware.
47. Name the electrons that have become dislodged from the outermost shell:
Answer: Free electrons.
48. How metamorphic rocks are formed?
Answer: By metamorphosis.
49. Who. said, “A mathematician is great or he is nothing”?
Answer: Alfred Adler.
50. The heating up of certain gases in the atmosphere is due to the presence of the rays of the sun. By whom was this phenomenon discovered?
Answer: Joseph Fourier.
51. Who deal with the problems of Noise Pollution in USA?
Answer: The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)-and – Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).