Quick GK Quiz Questions – 20 General Knowledge Questions
1. Which were the two factions of the Russian Social Democratic Party whose names were taken from the words the ‘majority’ and ‘minority’?
Answer: Bolshevik and Menshevik.
2. What is the collective name for the three Low Countries of Europe?
3. Which day of the week is named after the wife of the Norse god Odin?
Answer: Friday (Freya)
4. Which German educationist first opened “kindergartens” where children learned through play?
5. What is identified by its ISBN?
Answer: A book.
6. Which type of music developed from the spirituals sung in the Baptist churches of the southern U.S.A?
7. What is the title of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical based on a collection of animal poems by T.S. Eliot?
8. Who called China, ‘Cathay’?
Answer: Marco Polo.
9. What is a unit of thermal insulation used in the textile trade and is often associated with duvets?
10. Which body of people is sometimes referred to as “The Fourth Estate”?
Answer: The Press.
11. In which Thai temple can you see a Buddha of solid gold, standing three meters high and weighing more than 5 metric tons?
Answer: Wat Traimit.
12. What is the currency of Malaysia?
Answer: The Ringgit.
13. In which city of Jordan can you visit the church of Nativity where Christ was born?
14. Who was the Maratha commander-in-chief in the third battle of Panipat?
15. What is the currency of Saudi Arabia?
16. Thailand is famous for the temple of the Emerald Buddha. Can you name it?
Answer: Wat Phra Keo.
17. The shrine of the Book, in Jerusalem, houses a sacred and ancient religious text. Name it:
Answer: The Dead Sea Scrolls.
18. Which Mosque has the largest expanse of open court in the world?
Answer: Badshahi Mosque, Lahore.
19. In the high mountains of Afghanistan, at Bamian, is a vertical cliff in which rooms and temples have been cut. Which religion are they dedicated to?
20. In the vaulted dome of which Church can you admire the work of the famous painter, Michelangelo?
Answer: St. Peter’s Basilica.