GK Questions – General Knowledge Online Quiz with Video Quiz Questions
GK Questions and Answers
1. Which were the two factions of the Russian Social Democratic Party whose names were taken from the words the ‘majority’ and ‘minority’?
Answer: Bolshevik and Menshevik.
2. What is the collective name for the three Low Countries of Europe?
3. Which day of the week is named after the wife of the Norse god Odin?
Answer: Friday (Freya)
4. Which German educationist first opened “kindergartens” where children learned through play?
5. What is identified by its ISBN?
Answer: A book.
6. Which type of music developed from the spirituals sung in the Baptist churches of the southern U.S.A?
7. What is the title of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical based on a collection of animal poems by T.S. Eliot?
8. Who called China, ‘Cathay’?
Answer: Marco Polo.
9. What is a unit of thermal insulation used in the textile trade and is often associated with duvets?
10. Which body of people is sometimes referred to as “The Fourth Estate”?
Answer: The Press.