Basic Quiz Questions for Everyone – GK Quizzes
1. Which language is related to both Cornish and Welsh, and is now recognized language of France?
2. Which two sets of exams were replaced by GCSE in 1988?
Answer: GCE Ordinary Level; CSE.
3. In which year was ITDC established?
4. Who built the Charminar?
Answer: Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah.
5. Where is the tomb of Tutankhamun located?
Answer: Giza, Egypt.
6. Who used the Latin phrase, ‘cogito ergo sum” (‘1 think therefore I am’) as the foundation for his philosophical theory?
7. What is the general term for the use of computers, telecommunications and micro electronics in the processing and transmissions of data?
Answer: Information Technology.
8. What do the Sikhs propose to call their separate state, if it ever achieves cessation from India?
9. Who is excluded from succession to the throne in Salic law?
10. Which diamond has a Persian name meaning “mountain of light”?
11. The Ghadar (Rebellion) Party in the USA was formed by:
Answer: Lala Har Dayal.
12. In which year was the revolutionary Khudiram Bose hanged for throwing a bomb?
13. When did Gopala Krishna Gokhale put forward the claim for ‘Swaraj’ or self-government within British Empire from the congress platform?
14. What is the “Super 301”?
Answer: A trade law.
15. Surendranath Banerjee left the Congress in 1918 and founded another party. What was the name of that party?
Answer: Indian Liberal Federation.
Basic Quiz Questions for Everyone – GK Quizzes Part 2
16. Which revolutionary gave his life fighting a battle with police at Balasore in 1915?
Answer: Jatin Mukherjee.
17. When did Gandhi make his first great experiment in Satyagraha at Champaran, a district in Bihar?
18. In which year did Gandhi return from South Africa to serve his country and his people?
19. The All India Khilafat conference was held in November 1919. Where was it held?
20. Gandhi founded the Sabarmati Ashram at Ahmedabad to learn and practice the ideals of truth and non-violence. When was it founded?
21. Name the Chief Executive Officer of Yahoo?
Answer: Marissa Mayer.
22)What is meant by Snapchat?
Answer: Image messaging and multimedia mobile application.
23. Where is port Talbot located?
Answer: United Kingdom.
24. Who is the President of Interpol?
Answer: Meng Hongwei.
25. What is meant by Rubik’s cube?
Answer: 3D combination puzzle.
26. What is meant by CTBT(Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty)?
Answer: Multilateral treaty that bans all nuclear explosions for both civilian and military purposes, in all environments.
27. Which country is the first non member of the Non Proliferation Treaty to sign nuclear deal with Japan?
28. Leonard Cohen was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Canadian singer and songwriter.
29. Who is the Prime Minister of Italy?
Answer: Matteo Renzi.
30. What is meant by bottom trawling?
Answer: Trawling along the seafloor.
Basic Quiz Questions for Everyone – GK Quizzes Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31. Who is Keigo Higashino?
Answer: Japanese author known for his mystery novels.
32. Which day is observed as World Pneumonia day?
Answer: November 12.
33. What is meant by pneumococcal conjugate vaccine?
Answer: Vaccine used to protect infants, young children and adults against disease caused by the bacterium streptococcus bacterium.
34. What is meant by cephalosporin?
Answer: Class of b lactam antibiotics originally derived from the fungus acremonium.
35. What is sulphonamide?
Answer: Basis of several groups of drugs.
36. Name the Secretary General of NATO
Answer: Jens Stoltenberg.
37. What is meant by SWIFT(Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)?
Answer: Network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized and reliable environment.
38. What is meant by Non Proliferation Treaty?
Answer: International treaty whose objective is to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology to promote cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy and to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament.
39. What is the ordinal status of Donald Trump among the Presidents of America?
40. Who is Sir Ranulph Fiennes?
Answer: English explorer and holder of several endurance records.
41. Who is Ryan Reynolds?
Answer: Canadian actor and producer.
42. Name the Prime Minister of Greece.
Answer: Alexis Tsipras.
43. What is meant by Sustainable Development Goals?
Answer: Set of seventeen global goals with 169 targets between them.
44. Where is Van Gogh museum located?
45. How many chemical components does coffee consist of?
46. Joan Baez was in the news recently. Who is she?
Answer: American folk singer, songwriter and activist.
47. What is meant by PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)?
Answer: Proprietary information technology standard for organizations that handle credit cards from the major card schemes.
48. Christopher Hitchens was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Author, columnist and essayist.
49. Who is the author of the book, “The Pigeon Tunnel”?
Answer: John Le Carre.
50. What is meant by pulmonaryoedema?
Answer: Fluid accumulation in the tissue and air spaces of the lungs.