Transportation General Knowledge Question
1. Which all are the five airlines formed an alliance under the banner ‘One World’?
Answer: British Airways, American Airlines, Qantas, Canadian Airlines and Cathy Pacific.
2. What is the name of the airlines of Italy?
3. What is the name of the airlines of Afghanistan?
Answer: Ariana Afghan Airlines.
4. What is the name of the airlines of Hong Kong?
Answer: Cathay Pacific.
5. What is the name of the airlines of Finland?
6. What is the name of the airlines of Indonesia?
Answer: Garuda Airways.
7. What is the name of the airlines of Netherlands?
Answer: K.L.M. Royal Dutch.
8. What is the name of the airlines of Australia?
Answer: Qantas Empire Airways.
9. What is the name of the airlines of Germany?
10. What is the name of the airlines of Switzerland?
11. Which Apollo space mission was the first to land man on the moon?
Answer: Apollo -11.
12. Which airliner came into service in 1976, cutting the transatlantic crossing to less than three hours?
13. What achieves lift-off and propulsion by means of a rotary wing?
14. What do we call a lightweight motorcycle with auxiliary pedal power?
15. What type of transport are ICE, TGVS and HSTS?
Answer: Train (railway – text and chronology)
Transportation General Knowledge Question Part 2
16. What do the initial HGV stand for?
Answer: Heavy Goods Vehicle.
17. What word describes every space flight before the one undertaken by Yuri Gagarin in 1961?
18. What is the popular name for the Boeing 747?
Answer: Jumbo/ Jumbo jet.
19. What color is a ‘black box’ flight recorder?
20. Which American aviator was the first woman to fly the Atlantic solo in 1932?
Answer: Amelia Earhart.
21. What term denotes the communications and weather satellites that appear to stay above one point on the Earth?
22. What was the name of the three-stage rockets used in the Apollo Series of moonshots?
Answer: Saturn V.
23. What is the name of the science of space travel?
24. Which vehicle has design variations known as open plenum, peripheral jet or flexible skirt?
25. What was the name of the jet propelled car driven by Richard Noble, which set the world land-speed record at 633.5 mph?
26. Which was the first jet airliner to enter service in 1949?
Answer: de Havilland Comet.
27. Which American space shuttle was to build to replace ‘challenger’?
28. Which shallow-drafted sailing vessel’s name is derived from the Tamil ‘tied log’?
29. What was the name of the craft in which Sir Francis Chichester circumnavigated the world?
Answer: Gipsy Moth IV.
30. When was the first flight in an air-heated balloon? Where was it operated?
Answer: In 1783, at France.