General Knowledge Online Basic Trivia Quiz Questions Answers
General Trivia Quiz
1. Light travels at the rate of 300000 km second. What distance will it travel in one light year?
Answer: 9.5 million km.
2. What is a hamster?
Answer: It is a rodent, a serious agricultural post.
3. The river Liffey flows through a capital city. Name the city:
4. Neerja Bhanot, who died in the Pan American hijacking to Karachi in 1987, became the first woman to win _
Answer: Ashok Chakra.
5. Many people have grown up with Penguin Books. When was the first batch published?
6. Which is the first car factory in India? Where was it located?
Answer: Hindustan Motors, Kolkata.
7. Where is the world’s largest gas plant located?
8. Who defeated Muhammad Ali in 1978 in the World Heavyweight Championship?
Answer: Leon Spink.
9. Several novels about the Sepoy Mutiny have been written by Indians as well as Englishmen. Who wrote ‘The siege of Krishnapur’?
Answer: J.G. Farrell.
10. Where does one hear the lowest noise?
11. Like a man in relation to environment, a tree in relation to its environment is the subject of a special branch of science. What is it called?
Answer: Forest autecology.
12. After blood circulation stops, how long does the brain take to die?
Answer: 3 minutes.
13. Which is the world’s oldest free public city library supported by municipal taxes?
Answer: Boston Public Library.
14. For which vitamin is human requirement assumed but not proved?
Answer: Vitamin E.
15. Perhaps the most comic novel on war written in English is ‘Catch-22’. Who wrote it?
Answer: Joseph Heller.
Basic General Knowledge Questions
16. Who composed Piano Sonata No. 14, also known as the ‘Moonlight Sonata’?
17. Which disease is Gingivitis?
Answer: Inflammation of gums.
18. Where was the INA formed in 1948?
19. Where in the world are the great vampire bats found?
Answer: Mexico and Paraguay.
20. In Judo parlance what is a ‘shiaijo’?
Answer: The fighting area.
21. What is the Golden Rule?
Answer: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
22. In which country is Marienbad, an internationally famous health resort, located?
23. What is the capital of Hong Kong?
24. The weapon in the Japanese martial art kendo has changed. What is it now?
Answer: Bamboo swords.
25. Socially unacceptable diseases are often called by another, deceptive name. What is Hansen’s disease really?
26. What does inane mean?
Answer: Senseless and unimaginative.
27. Which is the world’s longest canal system?
Answer: Volga-Baltic canal system.
28. For how many weeks did ‘Mahabharat’ run on the Doordarshan?
Answer: 93 weeks.
29. In good maternity hospitals a vaccine is compulsorily administered some weeks before delivery. Which is it?
Answer: Tetanus vaccine.
30. The Republic of Ivory Coast is one of the largest producers in the world of?