50 Random Knowledge Quiz Questions
Random Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 1
1. How many Confederate states were there during the U.S. Civil War?
2. What U.S. president wrote Profiles in Courage?
Answer: John F. Kennedy.
3. If an Austrian asked for ‘Wiener schnitzel’ what would he get?
Answer: Breaded Veal Cutlet.
4. In 1813, Simon Bolivar became President of which country?
5. In what suburb of Chicago did Frank Lloyd Wright build his first home in 1889?
Answer: Oak Park.
6. An important part of daily life in Brazil is the ‘Cafezinho’ served in tiny cups. What is it?
7. How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?
8. The breed of horses known as Clydesdales originated in what country?
9. While in Nice, France, for your first course you order ‘Bouillabaisse’. What is this?
Answer: Fish soup.
10. Which World War II leader was born on July 29, 1883?
Answer: Benito Mussolini.
11. The presence of what chemical substance distinguishes “heavy water” from common water?
12. If an Englishman asked for ‘Bangers and mash’ what would he get?
Answer: Sausage and Potatoes.
13. In 1517, who nailed The 95 Theses onto the door of the Palace Church of Wittenberg?
Answer: Martin Luther.
14. From 1925 until 1961, which of these Russian cities was known as Stalingrad?
15. When in Belem, Brazil, you are likely to be offered a soup called “Casquinho de mucua”. What is it exactly?
Answer: Turtle soup.
Random Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 2 (Questions 16-30)
16. Counting Pope Francis, how many Popes have there been?
17. What state is the site of the first permanent English settlement in North America?
18. Name the great guru of Tansen who helped in developing his musical talent:
Answer: Swami Haridas.
19. Who was the United States’ first multi-millionaire?
Answer: John Jacob Astor.
20. In Norse mythology, what was known as the god of mischief?
21. Name the Mughal emperor who was also an accomplished Veena player:
22. Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara died in which country?
23. What nation’s flag was the first to be placed at the South Pole in 1911?
24. The largest consumer of tea is:
Answer: The Republic of Ireland.
25. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
26. The Separatists that landed at Plymouth Rock were primarily what religious affiliation?
27. The exotic cuisine of Vieux Carre in New Orleans, USA has delighted out-of-towners for generations. Can you name the cuisine?
28. What political figure was born Vladimir Ilich Ulyanov?
29. In the 1999 James Bond movie The World Is Not Enough, who is being groomed to replace the character “Q”?
30. Which North Indian state are you likely to be offered ‘Kahwa’ tea flavoured with Cinnamon, Cardamom and Saffron?
Random Knowledge Quiz Questions Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31. What is the present name of the American Standard Association?
Answer: American National Standards Institute –ANSI.
32. Who was the author of the book Nostromo?
Answer: Joseph Conrad.
33. When Israeli tribes were numbered, who were excluded?
34. King Zog was the ruler of which country?
35. In which name was Joan of Arc known?
Answer: Maid of Orleans.
36. In what suburb of Chicago did Frank Lloyd Wright build his first home in 1889?
Answer: Oak Park.
37. Which Indian model was selected by International fashion magazine, Cosmo Politer as cover girl?
Answer: Malaika Arora.
38. What were the Blues Brothers’ names?
Answer: Joliet Jake and Elwood.
39. Who was the author of ‘Communist Opposition in Soviet Russia?
Answer: Robert V. Daniels.
40. Which of these machines did Johannes Gutenberg invent?
Answer: Printing press.
41. The distance that light travels in a vacuum in one year:
42. Which river’s waters, headwaters and tributaries drain half the continent of South America?
43. What is the currency of Bosnia-Herzegovina:
Answer: Bosnian Convertible Mark.
44. What method did the Romans use to kill Jesus?
Answer: Crucifixion (Mark 15:25).
45. Where is the beach resort centre which was developed in Israel?
Answer: In Dead-sea.
46. What state was administered by Sir Charles Hotham in the 1550’s?
47. What is dandruff?
Answer: Little flakes of dead skin formed on the scalp.
48. Who was the God of Wine?
49. How much is the elevation of Northern plateau?
Answer: 15,000 feet.
50. In which East Coast city was the Flatiron Building completed in 1902?
Answer: New York City.