Random Questions – Online Quizzes with Answers
Online quizzes and Answers
1. How many Confederate states were there during the U.S. Civil War?
2. What U.S. president wrote Profiles in Courage?
Answer: John F. Kennedy.
3. If an Austrian asked for ‘Wiener schnitzel’ what would he get?
Answer: Breaded Veal Cutlet.
4. In 1813, Simon Bolivar became President of which country?
5. In what suburb of Chicago did Frank Lloyd Wright build his first home in 1889?
Answer: Oak Park.
6. An important part of daily life in Brazil is the ‘Cafezinho’ served in tiny cups. What is it?
7. How many people signed the Declaration of Independence?
8. The breed of horses known as Clydesdales originated in what country?
9. While in Nice, France, for your first course you order ‘Bouillabaisse’. What is this?
Answer: Fish soup.
10. Which World War II leader was born on July 29, 1883?
Answer: Benito Mussolini.
11. The presence of what chemical substance distinguishes “heavy water” from common water?
12. If an Englishman asked for ‘Bangers and mash’ what would he get?
Answer: Sausage and Potatoes.
13. In 1517, who nailed The 95 Theses onto the door of the Palace Church of Wittenberg?
Answer: Martin Luther.
14. From 1925 until 1961, which of these Russian cities was known as Stalingrad?
15. When in Belem, Brazil, you are likely to be offered a soup called “Casquinho de mucua”. What is it exactly?
Answer: Turtle soup.
Random Questions and Answers
16. Counting Pope Francis, how many Popes have there been?
17. What state is the site of the first permanent English settlement in North America?
18. Name the great guru of Tansen who helped in developing his musical talent:
Answer: Swami Haridas.
19. Who was the United States’ first multi-millionaire?
Answer: John Jacob Astor.
20. In Norse mythology, what was known as the god of mischief?
21. Name the Mughal emperor who was also an accomplished Veena player:
22. Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara died in which country?
23. What nation’s flag was the first to be placed at the South Pole in 1911?
24. The largest consumer of tea is:
Answer: The Republic of Ireland.
25. In what year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
26. The Separatists that landed at Plymouth Rock were primarily what religious affiliation?
27. The exotic cuisine of Vieux Carre in New Orleans, USA has delighted out-of-towners for generations. Can you name the cuisine?
28. What political figure was born Vladimir Ilich Ulyanov?
29. In the 1999 James Bond movie The World Is Not Enough, who is being groomed to replace the character “Q”?
30. Which North Indian state are you likely to be offered ‘Kahwa’ tea flavoured with Cinnamon, Cardamom and Saffron?