General Knowledge Quizzes – Free Quiz Questions
Free Quiz Questions and Answers
1. Which Emperor of the Roman Empire’s name meant, Little Soldier’s Boot?
2. According to a popular expression, a person who wishes to surrender says what?
3. If you were invited to an ‘asado’ while in Costa Rica, what would you expect to attend?
Answer: An outdoor barbecue.
4. What was the world’s first nuclear powered submarine?
Answer: USS Nautilus.
5. Someone described as an excellent “elocutionist” excels at doing what?
Answer: public speaking.
6. Burgundy is famous for its wines. Where is it?
7. Which World War II battle is officially called The Ardennes Offensive?
Answer: The Battle of the Bulge.
8. What Los Angeles community is noted for celebrities and mansions?
Answer: Beverly Hills.
9. Which country is noted for birds nest soup?
10. Who was the first person to reach the North Pole?
Answer: Robert Peary.
11. What does the letter A stand for in the military abbreviation “MIA”?
12. If you ordered ‘Kibbeh’ the national dish of Lebanon, what would you expect to get?
Answer: Meat or fish pounded together with wheat.
13. Who is the only person to have been the recipient of two unshared Nobel Prizes?
Answer: Linus Pauling.
14. According to the title of a 1972 song by The Temptations, “Papa Was a” what?
Answer: Rollin’ Stone.
15. When was the Berlin wall built?
Answer: August 1961.
Online General Knowledge Quiz
16. Who was the first woman to be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross medal?
Answer: Amelia Earhart.
17. According to a notable public service announcement, “Friends Don’t Let Friends” do what?
Answer: Drive Drunk.
18. Panama’s most popular drink is liquor called ‘Chicha’. Which cereal forms the base of this drink?
19. Which Mexican leader was assassinated in 1923?
Answer: Pancho Villa.
20. In Eminem’s 2000 rap song “The Real Slim Shady,” he asks the real Slim Shady to please do what?
Answer: stand up.
21. ‘Pinolillo’ and ‘Tiste’ are the two most popular drinks of this Central American country. Name it:
22. What was the world’s first electrically lighted city?
Answer: Wabash, Indiana.
23. When the petals have fallen off a rose, the dried fruit that is left is called what?
24. In which Central American country are you likely to be served ‘Nacatamal’ large corn cakes stuffed with vegetables and meat?
25. Ishtar Gate served as one of the entrances to what ancient city?
26. On the TV sitcom Seinfeld, what is Kramer’s first name?
27. While in Jordan, if you were served ‘baklava’ and ‘kataifi’ for dessert, what would you expect?
Answer: Pastries made with nuts and syrup.
28. Which U.S. Navy destroyer suffered a terrorist attack on October 12, 2000?
Answer: USS Cole.
29. What is the maximum number of tablespoons in a standard, 8-ounce stick of butter?
30. The space shuttle ‘Buran’ is a new space craft. It means:
Answer: Snow storm.