50 General GK Quiz Answers – Best Online GK Quiz Questions
1. Which children’s movie released in 2007 did Jerry Seinfeld co-write?
Answer: The Bee Movie.
2. Which famous actor has been quoted for saying, “Beer, it’s the best damn drink in the world”?
Answer: Jack Nicholson.
3. What is the only word in the English language to end in the letters “mt”?
4. Which animal only spends four days nursing their baby?
Answer: Hooded Seals.
5. When will the next solar eclipse be visible in the United States?
Answer: August 21, 2017.
6. Which chocolate bar was introduced in 1935 and called “Rowntree’s Chocolate Crisp”?
Answer: Kit Kat.
7. Which lodge in Pembroke, VA gained popularity after the movie, “Dirty Dancing?”
Answer: The Mountain Lake Lodge.
8. The rockfish (striped bass) is the state fish of which State?
9. How do you determine the area of a square?
Answer: By finding the square root of the length of one side.
10. This person’s last name is created by combining a place of worship with a small mountain:
Answer: Winston Churchill.
11. The suits in a standard deck of cards weren’t always, diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs, what were they originally?
Answer: Coins, Cups, Swords, and Polo Sticks.
12. This item, when used, doesn’t care if the pupils go to school:
13. Which controversial Actor won two Academy Awards in 1995 for Best Picture and Best Director?
Answer: Mel Gibson.
14. What is April’s birthstone?
15. How many panels are on a traditional soccer ball?
Answer: 32, one for each country in Europe.
16. What is the world’s largest source of energy for producing electricity?
17. Mel Gibson had trouble with this electrical item in “What Women Want”
Answer: Hair Dryer.
18. Salted Butter Tea is the national drink of this country:
19. Zane Grey had two professions bestselling author and _?
20. Which animal’s tongue can extend 2ft beyond its mouth?
21. What was the cost of admission to Walt Disney World on opening day?
22. How many times in a row did the cast have to ride the roller coaster in Final Destination 2?
Answer: 26 times.
23. 24 different toys were recalled in 2007 because lead paint was found in them. Where did the toys originate?
24. What are the plug and play versions of the Atari 2600 and Atari 7800 called?
Answer: Atari Flashback.
25. What fruit is displayed at the top of the Wimbledon Trophy?
Answer: A pineapple.
General Knowledge Competition Tough Quiz Questions
26. In 1993, this couple won the title “Sexiest Couple Alive” from People Magazine:
Answer: Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford.
27. In what country were the first trumpet valves made?
28. This flower is Maryland’s State Flower:
Answer: Black Eyed Susan.
29. When do babies develop their fingerprints within the womb?
Answer: Between 6 and 13 weeks.
30. A Swedish woman was the first woman to win the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1909, what was her name?
Answer: Selma Ottilia Lovisa Lagerlöf.
31. Ice Road Truckers is a very popular TV show, how long is the ice road the truckers must endure?
Answer: Dalton Highway is a 400-mile road that connects Fairbanks, Alaska’s Interior, Prudhoe Bay and the oil fields of Alaska’s North Slope.
32. Which word identifies one of New Zealand’s flightless birds and also is the slang term used to identify a New Zealander?
33. Who was the only US President to obtain a patent?
Answer: Abraham Lincoln.
34. In what year was Purex liquid laundry detergent introduced?
35. What kind of animal was Flipper?
Answer: A Dolphin.
36. Ansel Adams helped which National Park gain popularity by his breathtaking photos of it?
Answer: Yosemite National Park.
37. What was the third single to be released from the Dixie Chicks album, “Fly” in 2000?
Answer: Goodbye Earl, released on February 29, 2000.
38. Who was the first on-air guest on QVC?
Answer: Walk at Home fitness instructor, Leslie Sansone.
39. What actor is famous for saying, “Say hello to my little friend?”
Answer: Al Pacino as Scarface.
40. What is the lowest, driest, hottest place in all of North America?
Answer: Death Valley, a section of the Mojave Desert.
41. You can see the nucleus of the Milky Way Galaxy from this state park in PA:
Answer: Cherry Springs State Park.
42. The Animal Adventure Park is the home to April, who gave birth to a calf April 15, 2017. What type of animal is she?
Answer: A giraffe.
43. This famous actress was the model in the first issue of “Playboy”
Answer: Marilyn Monroe.
44. On what date did Dances with Wolves receive an Oscar for Best Picture?
Answer: March 25, 1991.
45. Coretta Scott married this famous Civil Rights leader:
Answer: Martin Luther King Jr.
46. Who were the only two women to play each other in four consecutive Grand Slam Finals?
Answer: Sisters Venus and Serena Williams.
47. What foods were eaten by sailors to fight off scurvy?
Answer: Fresh Citrus Fruits and Fresh Meat, especially organ meat.
48. Which planet has the largest mountain in existence that we know of?
Answer: Mars, the mountain is Olympus Mons.
49. Before Madison become Wisconsin’s Capital in 1837, what was the state capital?
50. Do sweet potatoes and white potatoes belong to the same family?
Answer: No, sweet potatoes are in the same family as morning glories, and white potatoes belong in the same family as tomatoes, tobacco, chili peppers, eggplant, and petunia.