Top TV Series and Movies Quiz Questions 2020
Hunger Games Quiz – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 1
Think you know everything about the Hunger Games series? Take this quiz to see if you are a girl (or boy) on fire.
1) How old is Katniss at the beginning of the first book?
At the beginning of the series, Katniss is 16 years old.
2) What does District 4 specialize in?
District 4 specializes in fishing.
3) The first book in the Hunger Games series was published in what year?
The first book, The Hunger Games, was published in 2008.
4) President Snow’s first name is:
President Snow’s first name is Coriolanus. It was also the name of a Roman general who is the subject of a play (of the same name) by Shakespeare.
5) Hunger Games author Suzanne Collins also wrote for this popular TV show.
Answer: Clarissa Explains It All.
Collins wrote for Clarissa Explains It All and other youth-oriented TV shows.
6) Prim Everdeen’s cat is named what?
Prim’s cat is named Buttercup.
7) Heroine Katniss Everdeen’s sister is named what?
Katniss’s sister is named Primrose, although she goes by “Prim.”
Famous Movie Quotes – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 2
8) “Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.”
Answer: The Godfather.
Richard S. Castellano as Peter Clemenza.
9) “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
Answer: Dirty Dancing.
Patrick Swayze as Johnny Castle.
10) “Say hello to my little friend.”
Al Pacino as Tony Montana.
11) “There’s no crying in baseball.”
Answer: A League of Their Own.
Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan.
12) “What we’ve got here is failure to communicate.”
Answer: Cool Hand Luke.
Strother Martin as Captain.
13) “To infinity and beyond.”
Answer: Toy Story.
Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear.
14) “Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy night.”
Answer: All About Eve.
Bette Davis as Margo Channing.
15) “You talkin’ to me?”
Answer: Taxi Driver.
Robert De Niro as Travis Bickle.
16) “It puts the lotion in the basket.”
Answer: Silence of the Lambs.
Ted Levine as Jame “Buffalo Bill” Gumb.
Titanic Movie Quiz – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 3
Whether you saw it one time or twelve times, test your knowledge of this blockbuster of titanic proportions.
17) Who drew the illustrations that are attributed to Jack?
Answer: James Cameron.
The director’s hands are also featured in the scene where Jack is drawing Rose.
18) Where did Jack grow up?
Answer: Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
The struggling artist left the small town to travel the world.
19) Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet reunited on what film?
Answer: Revolutionary Road.
The 2008 drama, based on a novel by Richard Yates, was directed by Winslet’s then husband, Sam Mendes.
20) Jack Dawson (Leonardo DiCaprio) wins his Titanic ticket playing what game?
Jack wins the high-stakes hand with a full house.
21) What was the working title of the film?
Answer: Planet Ice.
Filmmakers often use fake titles to maintain secrecy when their movies are in the early stages of development.
22) After Jack saves Rose from falling into the Atlantic, how much does her fiancé, Cal, offer him as a reward?
Seeing Rose’s annoyance at the low amount, Cal extends a dinner invitation to Jack.
23) Who sang the movie’s theme song, “My Heart Will Go On”?
Answer: Céline Dion.
The song, which was featured at the end of the film, became one of Dion’s biggest singles and won an Academy Award.
24) What actress was originally cast in the role of Molly Brown?
Answer: Reba McEntire.
Due to scheduling problems, she eventually had to leave the film and was replaced by Kathy Bates.
25) Where is Rose DeWitt Bukater (Kate Winslet) from?
She is returning home for her high-society wedding.
Tom Cruise – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 4
Tom Cruise has starred in dozens of movies. Have you seen all of them? Test your knowledge of this actor’s life and works with this quiz.
26) Cruise received his first Academy Award nomination for what film?
Answer: Born on the Fourth of July.
He portrayed real-life Vietnam vet Ron Kovic, who was paralyzed during the war.
27) What was his character’s nickname in Top Gun?
He was an elite navy pilot.
28) In what film did Cruise make his big-screen debut?
Answer: Endless Love.
Cruise had a small role in the 1981 romantic drama starring Brooke Shields.
29) In Tropic Thunder, Cruise played a what?
In a scene-stealing performance, Cruise played Les Grossman, a foul-mouthed movie producer.
30) What was his character’s name in The Outsiders?
The 1983 film adaptation of the S.E. Hinton novel also starred Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, and Ralph Macchio.
31) Cruise starred with his second wife, Nicole Kidman, in how many films?
They appeared together in Days of Thunder (1990), Far and Away (1992), and Eyes Wide Shut (1999).
32) Cruise played a lawyer in The Firm, which was based on a novel by what author?
Answer: John Grisham.
The Firm was Grisham’s second novel and was on bestseller lists for more than a year.
33) In one of Risky Business’s most iconic scenes, Cruise dances in his underwater to what song?
Answer: “Old Time Rock and Roll”.
The song was performed by Bob Seeger.
34) Cruise’s third wife, Katie Holmes, first gained fame on what TV show?
Answer: Dawson’s Creek.
She played Joey Potter on the teen drama.
Scary Movie Quiz – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 5
Do you know your horror movies? Test your scary cinema knowledge with this quiz.
35) Who directed Scream?
Answer: Wes Craven.
Craven was responsible for numerous scary blockbusters, including this 1996 classic.
36) What is the occupation of Hannibal Lecter, the serial killer who appears in such films as The Silence of the Lambs?
Lecter is widely considered one of the best screen villains of all time.
36) What real-life killer inspired Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho?
Answer: Ed Gein.
A murderer and grave robber, Ed Gein also inspired The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
37) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre’s Leatherface wears a mask made from what?
Answer: Human skin.
The cannibalistic serial killer first appeared in the 1974 film, which launched a popular franchise.
38) Who is the murderer in Friday the 13th?
Answer: Pamela Voorhees.
Jason’s mother was the original killer, although subsequent movies in the series cast Jason as the villain.
39) Which actor played the killer in Se7en?
Answer: Kevin Spacey.
He was cast as John Doe, who bases his murders on the seven deadly sins.
40) Which actor made his film debut in A Nightmare on Elm Street?
Answer: Johnny Depp.
In the 1984 horror classic, he played Glen Lantz, a high-school student who gets eaten by his bed.
41) Who is the villain in Halloween?
Answer: Michael Myers.
After murdering his sister when he is six, Myers later escapes from a mental institution to terrify an Illinois town.
Benedict Cumberbatch – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 6
From radio comedy science fiction to Shakespeare, actor Benedict Cumberbatch has done it all. But have you been keeping up with his career closely enough to ace our Cumber-quiz?
42) Cumberbatch and fellow British actor Eddie Redmayne have both played which real-life figure?
Answer: Physicist Stephen Hawking.
Cumberbatch played the young Stephen Hawking in an eponymous 2004 TV movie, and Redmayne played him 10 years later in the feature film The Theory of Everything (and beat Cumberbatch to the 2015 Oscar for best actor for his performance).
43) What are Cumberbatch’s two middle names?
Answer: Timothy Carlton.
Cumberbatch’s middle names are also the stage name of his father and fellow actor, Timothy Carlton. Carlton is a family name, and Cumberbatch is his father’s real surname.
44) While filming in which country was Cumberbatch carjacked and abducted along with two of his costars?
Answer: South Africa.
During the filming of the 2005 British miniseries To the Ends of the Earth, he and his companions were kidnapped at gunpoint while driving in KwaZulu-Natal province. They were released several hours later.
45) For what contributions to the country was Cumberbatch cited when he was named a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2015?
Answer: Services to the performing arts and to charity.
In addition to being honored for his acting, Cumberbatch was cited for his work on behalf of such causes as the Prince’s Trust, motor neuron disease, and Syrian refugees.
46) Who did Cumberbatch’s parents—actors Wanda Ventham and Timothy Carlton—play in the third season of Sherlock?
Answer: Sherlock’s parents.
Through a stroke of inspired casting or nepotism, Ventham and Carlton were cast as Mr. and Mrs. Holmes, the surprisingly ordinary musical-theatre-loving parents of genius brothers Sherlock and Mycroft.
47) What did Cumberbatch’s mother say to him upon hearing the news that he was to play the iconic Sherlock Holmes?
Answer: “But you haven’t got the right nose!”
Thinking, no doubt, of Holmes’s aquiline profile as illustrated by Sidney Paget in the Arthur Conan Doyle stories and as portrayed by actors Basil Rathbone and Jeremy Brett, she may have been dubious that her son’s retroussé (”turned-up”) nose would fill the, uh, bill.
48) How many films was Cumberbatch promoting when he attended the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)?
Cumberbatch was in three major movies released that year that were screened at TIFF: The Fifth Estate (in which he starred as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange), 12 Years a Slave, and August: Osage County. He played supporting roles in the latter two films.
49) In which work did Mark Gatiss, who went on to co-star on Sherlock as Mycroft Holmes, previously share the screen with Cumberbatch?
Answer: Starter for 10.
In the comedy Starter for 10, Gatiss played real-life University Challenge TV host Bamber Gascoigne to Cumberbatch’s inept pompous contestant, Patrick Watts.
Leonardo Dicaprio – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 7
50) What was the occupation of DiCaprio’s character in Inception?
Answer: Corporate spy. His character, Cobb, is paid to infiltrate the dreams of business leaders and steal their company’s secrets.
51) What was DiCaprio’s first film?
Answer: Critters 3.
The 1991 horror film centered on furry aliens.
52) In Titanic, he played Jack Dawson, an artist who grew up where?
Jack states that he grew up near Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin.
53) DiCaprio reteamed with his Titanic costar, Kate Winslet, on what film?
Answer: Revolutionary Road.
The adaptation of a Richard Yates novel was directed by Winslet’s then husband, Sam Mendes.
54) What was the first film he made with director Martin Scorsese?
Answer: Gangs of New York.
The 2002 drama was a period piece about gangsters in New York City in the mid-1800s.
55) For what film did DiCaprio first receive an Oscar nomination for best actor?
He received a best-supporting actor nomination for What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, but his first nod for best actor was for his portrayal of Howard Hughes.
56) DiCaprio made his acting debut on what TV series?
Answer: Romper Room.
He first appeared on the children’s show when he was five years old.
57) Where was DiCaprio born?
Answer: Los Angeles.
He was born in Los Angeles in 1974.
58) In The Revenant DiCaprio played what 19th-century frontiersman?
Answer: Hugh Glass.
Glass became a folk hero after surviving a violent bear attack and then traveling hundreds of miles to safety before seeking revenge on those who abandoned him.
Academy Awards – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 8
We’ve rolled out the red carpet for you. Test your knowledge of Hollywood’s biggest night.
59) In 1984 Linda Hunt won the best-supporting actress Oscar for her performance as a male character in which film?
Answer: The Year of Living Dangerously.
Linda Hunt portrayed Billy Kwan, a photojournalist covering the political tumult of Indonesia in the mid-1960s.
60) Who won consecutive best actor Oscars for Captains Courageous (1937) and Boys Town (1938)?
Answer: Spencer Tracy.
Over the following 30 years, Spencer Tracy earned six additional Oscar nominations but never again won. Other performers to win back-to-back Oscars include Luise Rainer, Katharine Hepburn, and Tom Hanks.
61) In 2003 Meryl Streep became the most-nominated performer in Oscar history. Who held the record before her?
Answer: Katharine Hepburn.
Katharine Hepburn earned 12 nominations, all in the best actress category. She won for the films Morning Glory (1933), Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner (1967), The Lion in Winter (1968), and On Golden Pond (1981).
62) “Which motion picture won the Academy Award for 1955?” is an important line in which 1990s best picture nominee?
Answer: Quiz Show.
The 1994 movie dramatizes the 1950s TV quiz-show scandals, focusing on an incident in which a contestant was instructed by the show’s producers to miss a question on purpose. The 1955 best picture winner was Marty.
63) The 2000 film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon won four Academy Awards, including best foreign-language film. In what language was it filmed?
Answer: Mandarin Chinese.
The popular martial-arts drama, directed by Ang Lee, is set in 18th-century China.
64) Who is the only Oscar winner named Oscar?
Answer: Oscar Hammerstein II.
Best known for his stage musicals with Richard Rodgers, the songwriter won two Oscars in the 1940s, both for best original song.
65) Which 1927 film was the first-ever best picture winner?
This silent movie tells the story of two World War I aviators in love with the same woman (played by Clara Bow).
66) Who was the first African American to win an Academy Award?
Answer: Hattie McDaniel.
Hattie McDaniel won best supporting actress for her role as Mammy in Gone with the Wind (1939).
67) Marlon Brando famously refused his best actor Oscar for The Godfather (1972) in protest. What was he protesting?
Answer: The film industry’s treatment of Native Americans.
When Brando was announced the winner, he shocked the audience by sending activist Sacheen Littlefeather to the stage to decline the Oscar on his behalf.
Game of Thrones Questions – Top Movies and Famous Actors Quiz Questions Part 9
Do you think you know about the television show Game of Thrones? Test your knowledge with this quiz.
68) What are the “house words” of House Greyjoy?
Answer: We Do Not Sow.
As rulers of the desolate and barren Iron Islands, the seafaring Greyjoys do not sow crops but instead subsist on what they can raid from neighboring lands.
69) Who is the youngest of Ned Stark’s children?
Rickon is Ned’s youngest son, having arrived after (in order) eldest brother Robb, sisters Sansa and Arya, and brother Bran.
70) What’s the name of the band of assassins that Arya Stark joins in Braavos?
Answer: Faceless Men.
After fleeing to Braavos, Arya takes up with the Faceless Men, a group of hired assassins who can change their appearance.
71) Which character, also known as the Lightning Lord, gets continually resurrected by Thoros of Myr after he dies?
Answer: Beric Dondarrion.
Dondarrion leads a ragtag resistance force called the Brotherhood Without Banners, and he is resurrected after his many deaths by Thoros via prayers to R’hllor, the Lord of Light.
72) How does Gregor (“the Mountain”) Clegane kill Oberyn Martell, the “Red Viper,” in their trial by combat?
Answer: Crushes his skull.
Oberyn thinks that he has the foreboding Mountain defeated in their combat and gets too close to his fallen foe, who suddenly trips Oberyn, gouges his eyes out, and crushes his skull.
73) What is Davos Seaworth’s nickname?
Answer: The Onion Knight.
Davos is known as the Onion Knight for his time smuggling onions into Storm’s End to feed its besieged populace during Robert’s Rebellion.
74) Which former ranger of the Night’s Watch led an army of wildlings as the “King-Beyond-the-Wall”?
Answer: Mance Rayder.
Mance Rayder deserted the Night’s Watch to live among the wildlings, whom he later unites and leads in an unsuccessful attack on the Wall.
75) Who is Jon Snow’s mother?
Answer: Lyanna Stark.
While Ned Stark always claimed that Jon Snow was his illegitimate son from a prostitute, fathered while Ned was away on a campaign, it is later revealed that his parents are Rhaegar Targaryen and Ned’s sister Lyanna. Ned brought the orphaned Jon home and pretended that he was his own son to protect the child from King Robert Baratheon, who wanted to destroy the Targaryen line.
76) Jamie Lannister has a golden ___.
After Jamie’s sword hand is cut off by one of Roose Bolton’s men, it is replaced with a golden prosthetic, and one of the greatest swordsmen in Westeros has to learn to fight with his off-hand.