Online Literature Quiz Questions Answers Part 3
1. Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello and what other Shakespeare tragedy is missing?
Answer: King Lear.
2. What name is given to a person authorized to vote on behalf of someone else?
3. Which cricket club, established in 1787, eventually became the game’s ruling authority?
Answer: Marylebone Cricket Club.
4. Winston Groom Wrote The Book And Tom Hanks Starred In The Film That Came From The Book What Was It’s Title?
Answer: Forrest Gump.
5. Which British writer, noted for a series of novels dealing with black magic and occultism, also wrote Murder off Miami?
Answer: Dennis Wheatley.
6. In Shakespeare’s Hamlet What Herb Is Said To Be For Remembrance?
7. Which Shakespeare Character Says ‘Blow Winds And Crack Your Cheeks’?
Answer: King Lear.
8. Franz Kafka Wrote In German, What Nationality Was He?
9. Who Wrote About Noddy And Big Ears?
Answer: Enid Blyton.
10. Name the fifth book in the Old Testament.
11. Who wrote “The Four Quartets”?
Answer: T S Eliot.
12. Which classic 1961 sci-fi novel that deals with the limitation of communication was the subject of a 1972 film directed by Andrei Tarkovsky as well as a 2002 remake featuring George Clooney?
13. Who Wrote The Collection Of Short Stories On Which Fiddler On The Roof Was Based?
Answer: Sholom Aleichem.
14. What ‘WG’ Wrote Lord Of The Flies?
Answer: William Golding.
15. What ‘K’ Wrote Metamorphosis?
16. In Television Which Playwright Wrote The Drama Boys From The Blackstuff?
Answer: Alan Bleasdale.
17. What is the real name of the author Nigel West?
Answer: Rupert Allason.
18. Which author was knighted in June 2007, angering the Muslim population?
Answer: Salman Rushdie.
19. Which star of The Krays wrote a prose and poetry book called America?
Answer: Steven Berkoff.
20. Who wrote “The Pit and the Pendulum”?
Answer: Edgar Allan Poe.
21. Which William wrote the novel Lord of the Flies?
22. In Which Novel Was It The Job Of The (Fireman) To Burn Books?
Answer: Fahrenheit 451.
23. Alfred Wainwright wrote books on which leisure activity?
Answer: Fell walking.
24. Which Author Had The Real Name Charles Dodgson?
Answer: Lewis Carroll.
25. Which dramatist and short story writer wrote The Cherry Orchard and The Three Sisters?
Answer: Anton Chekhov.
Learn General Literature Quiz Questions
26. What famous novel is set in Thornfield Hall?
Answer: Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre.
27. What war was the first to have authorized film coverage?
Answer: The Boer War (1899-1902).
28. Which book of the Bible tells us about the creation of the world?
29. Which ‘RB’ Wrote When The Wind Blows?
Answer: Raymond Briggs.
30. Which author said, “An archaeologist is the best husband a woman can have; the older she gets, the more interested he becomes in her”?
Answer: Agatha Christie.
31. ‘Ring Of Bright Water’ Is A Book About Which Creatures?
32. What famous author wrote the short story Dry September in 1931 and the novel Light in August in 1932?
Answer: William Faulkner.
33. The Opening Lines Of Which Classic Russian Novel Are In French?
Answer: War and Peace Eh Bien Mon Prince.
34. Who Wrote Great Expectations?
Answer: Charles Dickens.
35. What ‘Pl’ Was The Author Of The Whitsun Weddings?
Answer: Philip Larkin.
36. In which book come the words ‘It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ev’er done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known’?
Answer: A Tale of Two Cities.
37. Emerson Lake And Palmer Had A No.2 Hit With ‘Fanfare For The Common Man ‘ Who Wrote It?
Answer: Aaron Copland.
38. Who wrote the novel ‘Sense and Sensibility’?
Answer: Jane Austen.
39. Apart from writing Tom Jones, the English author Henry Fielding also founded which organization often called London’s first police force?
Answer: The Bow Street Runners They were founded in 1749 and originally numbered just eight.
40. What ‘EMF’ Wrote A Novel About The Raj, Recently An Award-Winning Film?
Answer: E.M Forster.
41. Who wrote the Bolero Torvill and Dean danced to?
42. Who Founded The London Library?
Answer: Thomas Carlyle (Waited 2 Hours Book).
43. What ‘G’ Was The Author Of The Forsythe Saga?
44. Which Famous Novel Opens In The Fictional Town Of Mudfog?
Answer: Oliver Twist.
45. Which American novelist, who was born in 1789 and died in 1851, wrote the series of historical novels known as the ‘Leather stocking Tales’?
Answer: James Fenimore Cooper.
46. What is the final book of the New Testament called?
Answer: The Book of Revelation (or Revelation or the Apocalypse).
47. Which Arthur wrote “Death of a Salesman”, a play revived in the West End in 2005?
48. What ‘G’ Is the First Book In The Bible’?
49. In the Bible, in the book of Genesis what did God create on the fifth day?
Answer: Animal life in the sea and air.
50. Who wrote the song Mad Dogs and Englishmen?
Answer: Noel Coward.