Novels and Authors General Knowledge Questions Answers
1. In which novel does this statement occur? “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal”?
Answer: Animal Farm.
2. Who wrote, “There’s no sweeter tobacco comes from Virginia, and no better brand than “Three Castles”?
Answer: William Makepeace Thackeray.
3. Who was the first woman novelist in England?
Answer: Aphra Behn (1640-89).
4. Whose detective is ‘Lord Peter Wimsey’?
Answer: Dorothy L. Sayers.
5. About literacy editors who said, sadly, ‘No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else’s draft’?
Answer: H.G. Wells.
6. What is a trashy novel?
Answer: A combination of traditional and romantic.
7. Which science fiction writer wrote “Pebbles in the sky”?
Answer: Isaac Asimov.
8. Which American Jewish novelist got the Nobel Prize for peace?
Answer: Elie Wiesel.
9. Who is the winner of 1989 Booker Prize?
Answer: Kazuo Ishiguro.
10. Who really is John Le Carre?
Answer: David John Moore Cornwell.
11. ‘Wandering’, ‘Journey to the East’ are some of the books by this author who wrote a book on Indian characters which was later filmed. Who is he?
Answer: Hermann Hesse, The filmed book is “Siddhartha”.
12. Who wrote the perennial children’s classic ‘Swiss Family Robinson’?
Answer: Johann David Wyss.
13. Who wrote the popular Famous French Novel ‘Gigi’?
14. Who wrote the famous Malayalam Novel ‘Chemmeen’?
Answer: Thakazhi Sivasankara Pillai.
15. Mr. Henry James writes fiction as if it were a painful duty – a critic said. Who?
Answer: Oscar Wilde.
16. Whose detective is Philip Marlowe?
Answer: Raymond Chandler’s.
17. How many stories does Boccaccio’s ‘Decameron’ contain?
18. Which is the first Inspector Maigret book by Simenon?
Answer: Inspector Maigret Investigations.
19. In which country was Boris Pasternak’s ‘Dr. Zhivago’ first published?
20. When was ‘Dr. Zhivago’ first published?