100 New GK Questions with Answers – Learn GK Online
New GK Questions with Answers Part 1
New GK Questions 1-20
1) What does Hygrometer measure?
Answer: Relative Humidity or moisture content in atmosphere.
2) How many rings on the Olympic flag?
3) Jalabiya is the traditional dress of which country? –
Answer: Saudi Arabia.
4) What colour is vermilion a shade of?
5) A ‘doe’ is what kind of animal?
Answer: A female deer.
6) King Zog ruled which country?
7) Sarafan is the dress worn in _?
8) What colour is Spock’s blood?
9) What does Radar Gun measure?
Answer: Speed of moving objects.
10) Where in your body is your patella?
Answer: Knee (it’s the kneecap).
11) What does CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS mean?
Answer: Olympic Motto meaning “Faster, Higher, Stronger”.
12) Where can you find London Bridge today?
Answer: USA (Arizona).
13) Cheongsam is the dress worn in?
14) What spirit is mixed with ginger beer in a Moscow mule?
15) The shining object on new moon day is?
Answer: Planet Venus.
16) Who was the first man in space?
Answer: Yuri Gagarin.
17) This is cloud of gas is typically called _?
18) What would you do with a Yashmak?
Answer: Wear it – it’s an Arab veil.
19) What does Spirometer measure?
Answer: Volume of air inspired and expired by the lungs.
20) Who betrayed Jesus to the Romans?
Answer: Judas Iscariot.
New GK Questions and Answers Part 2
New GK Questions 21-40
21) Ashes Trophy is related to which sport?
22) Which animal lays eggs?
Answer: Duck billed platypus.
23) What does Seismometer measure?
Answer: Motions of the ground.
24) On television what was Flipper?
25) Masters Trophy is related to which sport?
26) Who’s band was The Quarrymen?
Answer: John Lennon.
27) Thomas and Uber cup is related to which sport?
28) Which was the most successful Grand National horse?
Answer: Red Rum.
29) Davis cup is related to which sport?
Answer: Men’s Tennis.
30) Who starred as the Six Million Dollar Man?
Answer: Lee Majors.
31) What metal has the chemical symbol Pb?
32) In the song Waltzing Matilda, What is a Jumbuck?
33) Bronze is made from what two metals?
Answer: Copper and tin.
34) Who was Dan Dare’s greatest enemy in the Eagle?
35) What is the chemical symbol of gold?
36) What is Dick Grayson better known as?
Answer: Robin (Batman and Robin).
37) What is the only metal that is liquid at room temperature?
38) What was given on the fourth day of Christmas?
Answer: Calling birds.
39) The Atoms are most stable when their outer shells are full. True or False?
40) What was Skippy ( on TV )?
Answer: The bush kangaroo.
New GK Questions and Answers Part 3
New GK Questions 41-60
41) In which town was Jesus born?
42) What does a funambulist do?
Answer: Tightrope walker.
43) What does Hydrometer measure?
Answer: Specific gravity (or relative density) of liquids.
44) What is the name of Dennis the Menace’s dog?
45) What sport is played at Wimbledon?
46) What are bactrians and dromedaries?
Answer: Camels (one hump or two).
47) Filtration separates mixtures based upon their particle size. True or False?
48) Who played The Fugitive?
Answer: David Jason.
49) A party consists of grandmother, father, mother, four sons, and their wives and one son and two daughters to each of the sons. How many females are there in all?
50) Who was the King of Swing?
Answer: Benny Goodman.
51) Where was Lord Buddha born?
52) Who was the first man to fly across the channel?
Answer: Louis Bleriot.
53) What country does the soccer player Wayne Rooney come from?
54) Who starred as Rocky Balboa?
Answer: Sylvester Stallone.
55) Spider a kind of insect has six legs. True or False?
56) In which war was the charge of the Light Brigade?
57) Find the value of 7 ° + 8 ° =?
58) Who invented the television?
Answer: John Logie Baird.
59) What does Barometer measure?
Answer: Atmospheric Pressure.
60) Who would use a mashie niblick?
New GK Questions and Answers Part 4
New GK Questions 61-80
61) In what country were the 2010 Winter Olympic Games held?
62) In the song who killed Cock Robin?
63) Kelvin is a measure of temperature. True or False?
64) What do deciduous trees do?
Answer: Lose their leaves in winter.
65) What will be the next number in the following series of numbers 2,4,16, _?
66) In golf what name is given to the No 3 wood?
67) What does Altimeter measure?
Answer: Altitude of an object above a fixed level.
68) If you have caries who would you consult?
Answer: Dentist (its tooth decay).
69) A typical golf course features how many holes?
70) What other name is Mellor’s famously known by?
Answer: Lady Chatterley’s Lover.
71) Electrons are larger than atoms. True or False?
72) What did Jack Horner pull from his pie?
73) Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence. 1. Family 2.Community 3.Member 4.Locality, 5.Country
Answer: The correct order is: Member, Family, Community, Locality, and Country.
74) How many feet in a fathom?
75) Which country won the most number of medals in the 2012 Olympics?
76) Which film had song Spring time for Hitler?
Answer: The Producers.
77) Which God is believed to reside at Mount Kailash?
Answer: Lord Shiva.
78) Name the legless fighter pilot of ww2?
Answer: Douglas Bader.
79) Floatation separates mixtures based on density. True or False?
80) What was the name of inn in Treasure Island?
Answer: Admiral Benbow.
New GK Questions and Answers Part 5
New GK Questions 81-100
81) These leaves are used for treating flu, cold, and pneumonia:
82) What was Erich Weiss better known as?
Answer: Harry Houdini.
83) Where did Olympic Games originate?
84) Who sailed in the Nina – Pinta and Santa Maria?
Answer: Christopher Columbus.
85) Atomic bombs work by atomic fission. True or False?
86) Which leader died in St Helena?
Answer: Napoleon Bonaparte.
87) What is the name of an adult female horse?
88) Who wrote Gone with the Wind?
Answer: Margaret Mitchell.
89) What does Anemometer measure?
Answer: Speed of wind.
90) What does ring a ring a roses refer to?
Answer: The Black Death.
91) How many bases are there on a baseball field?
92) Whose nose grew when he told a lie?
93) What is the most recognizable physical feature of the male lion?
Answer: Its mane.
94) Who has won the most Oscars?
Answer: Walt Disney.
95) What was the popular name of Edson Arantes do Nascimento?
96) What would a Scotsman do with a spurtle?
Answer: Eat porridge (it’s a spoon).
97) Identify the sport: Two teams of 6 players each try to ground a ball into the opposing zone, over a net, by hitting it with their hands?
Answer: Volley Ball.
98) Which award has the words for valour on it?
Answer: Victoria Cross.
99) Carl and the Passions changed band name to what
Answer: Beach Boys.
100) What are female elephants called?