100 GK Short Question and Answer – Short GK Quiz
GK Short Question and Answer Part 1
GK Short Question 1-25
1) What is 55 in Roman Numerals?
2) La Giaconda is better known as what?
Answer: Mona Lisa.
3) What colour do you get by mixing blue and yellow?
4) Which country had The Dauphin as a ruler?
5) What is the capital of Switzerland?
6) Who did Michael Caine play in the Ipcress File (both names)?
Answer: Harry Palmer.
7) Name 3 US States that start with the letter I?
Answer: Illinois, Indiana, Idaho, Iowa.
8) Who won Euro song contest Save All Your Kisses for Me?
Answer: Brotherhood of Man.
9) What animal is the symbol of the World Wildlife Fund?
10) Which country had the guns of Navarone installed?
11) How many zeros are there in a trillion?
12) Ichthyology study what?
13) What colour are the 5 Olympic rings?
Answer: Black, blue, red, green, yellow.
14) What is a Winston Churchill?
15) What number do the Roman numerals CD represent?
16) What type of acid is used in car batteries?
17) What is the capital of Columbia?
18) It’s a flock of sheep what’s a group of owls called?
19) How many squares are there on a chess board?
20) What animal would you find in a form?
21) What colour are a baby’s eyes at birth?
22) Who in books and films was the man of bronze?
Answer: Doc Savage.
23) In which year did man first land on the moon?
24) Who was Stan Laurels partner?
Answer: Oliver Hardy.
25) Which planet is the fifth from the sun?
GK Short Question and Answer Part 2
GK Short Question 26-50
26) What kind of food is Cullen skink?
27) What is 40% of 40?
28) What is classified by the A B O system?
Answer: Blood Groups.
29) What is the capital of Peru?
30) What plant does the Colorado beetle attack?
31) What do the letters BBC stand for?
Answer: British Broadcasting Corporation.
32) Where did the Pied Piper play?
33) In which year did the Channel Tunnel open?
34) To where in France do the sick make pilgrimages?
35) What is the legal drinking age in the USA?
36) In which city was the famous black hole?
37) How many men have walked on the moon?
38) Christopher Cockerel invented what?
39) From which country does Nokia, the mobile phone company, originate?
40) Ray Bolger played who in The Wizard of Oz?
41) What is the capital of Turkey?
42) Sabotage is French. What did the saboteurs use?
Answer: Shoes (sabot means shoe).
43) Which is heavier, gold or silver?
44) Which part of the human body contains the most gold?
45) How many legs does a butterfly have?
46) If you had rubella what would you have caught?
Answer: German Measles.
47) Which is the biggest state in the U.S.A.?
48) Mohs scale hardest substance is diamond. what’s the softest?
49) What is the capital city of Norway?
50) Who or what lives in a formicarium?
GK Short Question and Answer Part 3
GK Short Question 51-75
51) First human heart transplant operation conducted by Dr. Christiaan Barnard on Louis Washkansky, was conducted in?
52) Grand Central Terminal, Park Avenue, New York is the world’s _?
Answer: largest railway station.
53) Eric Arthur Blaire was the real name of which author?
Answer: George Orwell.
54) Georgia, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan became the members of UNO in?
55) Names Baker Cook obvious what did Cordwainer do?
56) Epsom (England) is the place associated with?
Answer: Horse racing.
57) Which country do Sinologists study?
58) Entomology is the science _ studies?
59) Rudy Stevens became famous under which name?
Answer: Barbara Stanwyck.
60) Golf player Vijay Singh belongs to which country?
61) Which non alcoholic cordial is made from pomegranates?
62) During eleventh Antarctic Expedition in Nov. 1991/March 1992 ____ was installed.
Answer: SODAR (SOnic Detection And Ranging).
63) What is Orchesis either professional or amateur?
Answer: Art of Dancing.
64) Each year World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day is celebrated on?
Answer: May 8.
65) Taken literally what should you see in a Hippodrome?
66) Film and TV institute of India is located at?
Answer: Pune (Maharashtra).
67) Who wrote the Man in the Iron Mask?
Answer: Alexander Dumas.
68) Hitler party which came into power in 1933 is known as?
Answer: Nazi Party.
69) Which 1993 Disney film starred Bet Middler as a witch?
Answer: Hocus Pocus.
70) First Afghan War took place in?
71) Who piloted the first flight across the English channel?
Answer: Louis Bleriot.
72) Fire temple is the place of worship of which of the following religion?
Answer: Zoroastrianism (Parsi Religion).
73) What was the first James Bond film?
Answer: Dr No.
74) First China War was fought between?
Answer: China and Britain.
75) What 1991 film won best film, actor, actress, director Oscars?
Answer: Silence of the Lambs.
GK Short Question and Answer Part 4
GK Short Question 76-100
76) Garampani sanctuary is located at?
Answer: Diphu, Assam.
77) What was the capital of Ethiopia?
Answer: Addis Ababa.
78) Guarantee to an exporter that the importer of his goods will pay immediately for the goods ordered by him, is known as?
Answer: Letter of Credit (L/C).
79) Aescapalious emblem staff snake Greek Roman god of what?
80) Gravity setting chambers are used in industries to remove?
Answer: Suspended particulate matter.
81) Giacomo Agostini – 122 Grand Prix 15 world titles what sport?
Answer: Motorcycle Racing.
82) Fastest shorthand writer was?
Answer: Dr. G. D. Bist.
83) What is the largest state in the USA?
84) Federation Cup, World Cup, Allywyn International Trophy and Challenge Cup are awarded to winners of?
85) Led Deighton trilogy Game Set Match What 3 Capitals?
Answer: Berlin MexicoLondon.
86) Eritrea, which became the 182nd member of the UN in 1993, is in the continent of?
87) Alan Stuart Konigsberg famous as who?
Answer: Woody Allen.
88) Famous sculptures depicting art of love built some time in 950 AD – 1050 AD are?
Answer: Khajuraho temples.
89) Which human rights organisation founded 1961 got Nobel 1977?
Answer: Amnesty International.
90) FFC stands for?
Answer: Film Finance Corporation.
91) Whose autobiography was The long walk to Freedom?
Answer: Nelson Mandela.
92) Gulf cooperation council was originally formed by?
Answer: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates.
93) What was discovered in 1922 by Howard Carter?
Answer: Tutankamen tomb.
94) Exposure to sunlight helps a person improve his health because?
Answer:The ultraviolet rays convert skin oil into Vitamin D.
95) Clyde Tonbaugh discovered what planet in 1930?
96) Friction can be reduced by changing from
Answer: Sliding to rolling.
97) Who won the women’s heptathlon at Seoul in 1988?
Answer: Jackie Joyner Kersey.
98) For the Olympics and World Tournaments, the dimensions of basketball court are?
Answer: 28 m x 15 m.
99) Who wrote the Opera Madam Butterfly?
100) What links Goa, Kerala, Assam, Bihar?
GK Short Question