100 Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers
Basic General Knowledge Questions and Answers
1) What was the original name of Constantinople?
2) What is the name for the mapped hexagonal geographic areas that make up the cellular phone grid?
3) The last letter of the Greek alphabet is:
4) In which country was Saïd Taghmaoui born?
5) What is the name for a computer pointing device?
Answer: A mouse.
6) What is the largest joint in the human body?
7) Which of these peoples once ruled Norway?
8) What does the “SIM” in SIM card stand for?
Answer: Subscriber Identity Module.
9) Which type of menswear is associated with swing jazz?
Answer: Zoot suit.
10) In the film Pan’s Labyrinth, what is the little girl named?
Online General Knowledge Questions
11) How many languages did the Indians of pre-Columbian South America speak?
12) Who was known as the Iron Chancellor?
Answer: Otto von Bismarck.
13) The smallest bone in the human body is the:
14) When was the first Nobel Prize in economics awarded?
15) What does VoIP stand for?
Answer: Voice over Internet Protocol.
16) How many months was the Pony Express, the pioneer mail service in the Wild West, operational?
17) Through what country did Lady Godiva ride?
18) What eminent scientist hosted the television show Cosmos?
Answer: Carl Sagan.
19) Human bone is made of the mineral:
20) Which manufacturing company produced the first camera phone, called the J-Phone, that could send photos over a cellular network?
Simple General Knowledge Questions and Answers
21) How many computer languages are in use?
22) From what language do French and Spanish come?
23) Where were the Aegean Bronze Age civilizations located?
24) When did the Irish Famine take place?
25) Which telephone company introduced the first mobile telephone service (MTS), in 1946?
Answer: AT&T (American Telephone and Telegraph Company).
26) In which of these countries did manga originate?
27) Which structure was destroyed in the September 11 terrorist attacks?
Answer: The World Trade Center.
28) What does the Internet prefix WWW stand for?
Answer: World Wide Web.
29) From which plant is the poison ricin derived?
Answer: Castor bean.
30) Who was the architect who rebuilt London after the Great Fire of 1666?
Answer: Sir Christopher Wren.
General Knowledge Quiz for Students with Answers
31) How many republics made up the former Soviet Union?
32) In The Wizard of Oz, who played the Wicked Witch of the West?
Answer: Margaret Hamilton.
33) What language does a Cajun speak?
34) Which large reptile was recently discovered to be venomous?
Answer: Komodo dragon.
35) Where is the tibia found?
36) Where was Abraham Lincoln assassinated?
Answer: In a theater.
37) When did Switzerland officially gain its independence?
38) Who founded Apple Computer?
Answer: Steve Jobs.
39) From which language does the motto of the United States come?
40) In what year was King John forced to sign the first Magna Carta?
Simple Gk Question and Answers
41) What is the name of the structure used by jellyfish to administer poison?
42) Which of these battles did not involve Roman soldiers?
43) What is the most commonly broken bone in the human body?
Answer: The clavicle.
44) Which of these battles involved Huns?
45) Who is the voice of Remy the Rat in Ratatouille?
46) With which fictional poison was King Joffrey assassinated in Game of Thrones?
Answer: The strangler.
47) Who was the first British Prince of Wales to learn the Welsh language?
Answer: Prince Charles.
48) Which famous fashion designer ushered in the New Look for women’s-wear in the late 1940s?
Answer: Christian Dior.
49) What was New York called before it was New York?
Answer: New Amsterdam.
50) What is the language spoken in Bhutan called?
General Knowledge for School Students
51) From where are the defensive toxins used by poison dart frogs derived?
52) Who designed the Vietnam Veterans Memorial?
Answer: Maya Lin.
53) What country was Vasco da Gama from?
54) For what is Wedgwood china named?
Answer: A person.
55) A duffle coat is fastened with what?
Answer: Toggles and loops.
56) What is the name of the poison responsible for fatalities in those who consume improperly prepared puffer fish?
57) What animal often symbolizes peace in art?
58) Who was Karl Marx’s associate and fellow political theoretician?
Answer: Friedrich Engels.
59) Which of these was not a British prime minister?
Answer: John Maynard Keynes.
60) What was the name of Franz Ferdinand’s assassin?
Answer: Gavrilo Princip.
Common General Knowledge Questions and Answers
61) Which fashion designer is credited with having launched the skinny silhouette for menswear in the 2000s?
Answer: Hedi Slimane.
62) The toxin of which plant was once used by women to dilate their pupils for cosmetic purposes?
63) What kind of animal is a grunt?
64) What kind of fish is not referred to as scrod?
65) Early photographers made their images on which of these materials?
66) A network designed to allow communication within an organization is called:
Answer: An intranet.
67) What scientist was British industrialist Josiah Wedgwood related to?
Answer: Charles Darwin.
68) Where would you most likely find crinoline?
Answer: Under a woman’s skirt.
69) What animal did William F. Cody’s Wild West show introduce to audiences in London?
70) Which architect founded the Bauhaus school of design?
Answer: Walter Gropius.
General Knowledge Questions with One-word Answers
71) Why does the boomslang snake need to chew its venom into its prey in order for it to deliver a sufficient dose?
Answer: Its fangs are short and in the rear of the mouth.
72) Who was the uncle of King Richard II?
Answer: John of Gaunt.
73) How much of Earth’s surface is covered by ocean?
74) What kind of animal is a bongo?
75) The name for which type of pants originated in Genoa, Italy?
76) Which Indian president was involved in the struggle for Irish independence?
Answer: V.V. Giri.
77) What did I.M. Pei design outside the Louvre, in Paris?
78) What is a taiga?
Answer: Northern boreal forest.
79) Mercantile theory holds that colonies best serve their mother country by providing what?
Answer: Raw materials.
80) What kind of animal is a matamata?
General Knowledge Quiz Questions for All Students with Answers
81) Which term describes a dress with a triangular silhouette?
82) What major airline began as a crop-dusting service?
83) To which artistic movement does Paul Gauguin’s The Yellow Christ belong?
84) The mandible is located in the:
85) Which book was written by Niccolò Machiavelli?
Answer: The Prince.
86) A garment wrapped around the body and tucked in at the waist or the armpits is called what?
87) What kind of animal is a silverside?
88) Which of these is a paint made from pigments and plastic?
89) What nickname is given to the period preceding the Great Depression in America?
Answer: The Roaring Twenties.
90) Which of these typically features a layer of permafrost?
General Knowledge Questions and Answers
91) The paper dress was a short-lived fad in which decade?
92) How many bones does an adult human have?
93) What was the subject of the earliest known paintings?
94) What kind of animal is a thickknee?
95) Of what country was Simón Bolívar president?
96) The clothing trend exemplified by black clothing, dark makeup, and black-dyed hair is called what?
97) How many stars are there in the American flag?
98) Where can you find kelp forests?
Answer: North Pacific Ocean.
99) What does the Venus of Brassempouy represent?
Answer: A woman’s head.
100) What kind of animal is a gourami?