General Knowledge Questions 12-June-2018 – Daily GK Questions
1. The Temple of the Tooth enshrines a tooth of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism. In which country is this temple located?
Answer: Sri Lanka.
2. In which country can you actually visit the tombs of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob of Biblical fame?
3. In which famous palace is the Sistine Chapel?
Answer: The Vatican, Rome.
4. Which religion are the cave shrines at Ajanta, India associated with?
5. In which Indian state can you visit Ajanta, Ellora Caves?
6. In which city do pilgrims march seven times round the Kaaba and Kiss the Black Stone?
Answer: Mecca, Saudi Arabia.
7. In which Italian city can you visit the celebrated church of Santa Maria della Spina?
8. Who designed St. Paul’s Cathedral in London?
Answer: Sir Christopher Wren.
9. Which is the Four hundred-year-old Church in Moscow’s red square?
Answer: St. Basil’s Cathedral.
10. How many times did Mahmud of Ghazni invade India?
11. In which country did skiing originate?
12. Which land measurements in acres would be closest to 100 hectares?
Answer: 247 acres.
13. Which is the shortest of the Gospels?
14. Which is the longest river in Asia?
15. In which planet in our solar system are the days and nights the longest?
16. Which animal is in the logo of the World Wide Fund for Nature?
17. What should be the daily quantity of urine production in a healthy body?
Answer: 1.5 liters.
18. What should be the duration of a full-term pregnancy?
Answer: 280 days.
19. The home of the Kuchipudi dance:
Answer: Andhra Pradesh.
20. If you shopped with roubles in the GUM, which city would you be visiting?