Automobile Quiz Questions Answers – What is Automobile Engineering?
Automobile Quiz Questions Answers Part 1
1) Mercedes cars belong to which country?
2) What is the expansion of NVH, an abbreviation commonly used in automobile dealings?
Answer: Noise, Vibration and Harshness.
3) What was the rally with which the World Rally Championship opened?
Answer: The Monte Carlo Rally.
4) In which year was the first true Pierce Car made?
5) What are the two essential parts of a vehicle?
Answer: Carriage portion and machine portion.
6) What are the two units of an articulated vehicle?
Answer: Tractor unit and trailer unit.
7) Name the machine portion of the automobile which carries the carriage portion?
8) Year of manufacture of an automobile is referred to as what?
9) Who described the first International Combustion Engine?
Answer: Christiaan Huygens.
10) Who built the first self-propelled road vehicle?
Answer: Nicolas-Joseph Cugnot.
11) Who built the first American self-propelled steam vehicle?
Answer: Oliver Evans.
12) Who built the first American gasoline powered automobile?
Answer: Charles Duryea and Frank J. Duryea.
13) When was the first electric self-starter installed in the automobile?
14) Who built England’s first full-sized steam carriage built?
Answer: Richard Trevithick.
15) Who introduced the first brake in carriages?
Answer: Walter Hancock.
Top Automotive Engineering Quizzes – General Knowledge
16) Who constructed an Internal Combustion Engine in 1860?
Answer: Etienne Lenoir.
17) Who invented four-stroke engine?
Answer: Nikolaus August Otto and Eugen Langen.
18) What was the fuel used in the first four-stroke vehicle?
19) When was the four-stroke engine invented?
20) Who substituted oil for gas in the four-stroke engine?
Answer: Gottlieb Daimler.
21) What factor contributed most to the acceleration of the development of automobile?
Answer: The introduction of Internal Combustion Engines.
22) Who produced a tricycle with an I.C engine 1n 1885-86?
Answer: Karl Benz.
23) Who built the first motor-cycle?
Answer: Gottlieb Daimler.
24) The first four wheeler powered by an I.C engine was built by whom?
Answer: Siegfried Marcus.
25) Who built the first gasoline automobile which incorporated many of the essential features of the modern car?
Answer: Arthur Constantin Krebs.
26) In which year was the Panhard Car designed?
27) What is called the type of body of a car, of which the top is fabric and could be folded down?
28) What determines the driving thrust (speed) of a vehicle?
Answer: The torque applied at the wheel.
29) What part or device is used to control the speed of a vehicle?
30) Name the steel bar which functions by twisting within a vehicle machine?
Answer: Torsion bar.
31) Which car is provided with torsion bars at the front independent suspension system?
32) Name the sort of links by means of which leaf springs are connected with chassis frame:
Answer: Spring Shackles.
33) What type of shackle is used in Jeep?
Answer: ‘U’ type.
34) What act as axis for the wheels to spin around?
35) Name axles which contain differential and through which rotary motion is transmitted to the wheels:
Answer: Live axles.
Automobile Quiz Questions Answers Part 2
36) Name the axles which do not contain differential:
Answer: Dead axles.
37) What are referred to as the legs of the vehicles?
38) What are the two classifications of wheels with regard to the type of tire?
Answer: Solid tire wheels and pneumatic tire wheels.
39) What is the media between tire, tube and rim to cushion out road shocks in pneumatic tire wheels?
40) What are the two classifications of pneumatic tire wheels?
Answer: Tube tire wheels and tubeless tire wheels.
41) What are the components of a pneumatic wheel?
Answer: Tire, tube and valve, flap and rim.
42) What serves as a cover for the tube and protects it from damage?
43) What are the materials used in making the tire?
Answer: Rubber impregnated rayon, nylon and cotton.
44. What transmits the power from the engine through the medium of driving wheels to the road?
45) Why is the tire given a good tread pattern?
Answer: To give it grip on the road surface.
46) The tires are specified to run on recommended inflation pressures by the manufacturers according to certain norms. What are they?
Answer: Size and quality of the tire, load to be imposed upon it.
47) When should the tire pressures be checked, when the tires are cold or heated?
Answer: When they are cold.
48) On the side walls of the tire cover there are several markings. What do they indicate?
Answer: They indicate tire size, ply rating, tire number, tire make etc.
49) What does the ply rating on the tire represent?
Answer: Index of tire strength.
50) What material is the tube made of?