Ancient History Questions – Ancient History General Knowledge
1. How many alphabets were there in the system developed by Phoenician?
Answer: Only twenty two letters. No vowels, only consonants.
2. Who added vowels to the Phoenician alphabet?
Answer: The Greeks added vowels.
3. How did the European alphabets get its present form?
Answer: The Romans made further improvements. Thus the European alphabet got its present form.
4. How old is the Egyptian civilization?
Answer: From 50001 B.C.
5. What is the importance of Egyptian civilization?
Answer: It is one of the oldest civilizations in the world.
6. Why is Egypt called the gift of Nile?
Answer: Without Nile, Egypt would have been a part of the Sahara Desert.
7. When did people begin to settle in the Nile Deltas?
Answer: In the Neolithic age about 5000 B.C.
8. Who were the early settlers of Egypt?
Answer: Libyans, Semitics and Negroes.
9. What was the early history of Egypt?
Answer: From 5000 B.C. to 3400 B.C., no clear history is available.
10. Which were the earlier kingdoms in Egypt?
Answer: Only city states.
11. After the early period, two kingdoms came into existence. Which were they?
Answer: The lower Egypt and Upper Egypt.
12. When was Egypt united into one kingdom?
Answer: By 3500 B.C.
13. Who was the king that united the two kingdoms?
14. Which was the capital of Menes?
Ancient History Questions – Ancient History General Knowledge Part 2
15. Who was the founder of the first dynasty in Egypt?
16. By what name the Egyptian kings were known?
17. What is the meaning of the word ’pharaoh’?
Answer: The man who lives in the big house.
18. How do people consider the king?
Answer: As God
19. What was the policy adopted by the pharaohs of the early period?
Answer: Peace and nonviolence.
20. How many dynasties have ailed Egypt?
Answer: 31 dynasties.
21. The rule of the pharaohs is divided into three periods. Which are they?
Answer: The pyramid age, the middle kingdom and the Imperial age.
22. How many dynasties were there in the old kingdom or in the Pyramid age?
Answer: Six dynasties.
23. How long had the old kingdom ruled Egypt?
Answer: From 3400 B.C. – 2300 B.C.
24. For what the old kingdom was famous for?
Answer: The pyramids.
25. What is a pyramid?
Answer: The tombs of the kings of Egypt. They were mountains of solid stones and bricks.
26. How many pyramids are there in Egypt?
Answer: About seventy in number.
27. Where were the pyramids built?
Answer: In Lower Egypt.
28. Which were the most attractive among them?
Answer: The three pyramids at Giza.
29. To whom do these pyramids stand for?
Answer: Pharaoh Zoser, Cheops, and Khafre.
30. Among the three pyramids, which was the biggest and the most beautiful one?
Answer: The pyramid of Cheops or king Khufu built in 2900 B.C.