Literature Quiz Questions with Answers Part 2 – How Well Do You Know Literature
1. What ‘I’ is The Chinese Book Of divination?
Answer: I Ching.
2. Who wrote the poems “Ozymandias” and “Ode to the West Wind”?
3. What ‘TOTH’ Is A. A. Milne’s play taken from a book by Kenneth Grahame?
Answer: Toad of Toad Hall.
4. What book about four days in Iowa took Robert J. Waller two weeks to write, and topped bestseller lists for seven months?
Answer: The Bridges of Madison County.
5. Which comic actor and writer co-wrote the book “Life and How to Survive It”?
Answer: John Cleese.
6. What town was the birthplace of William Shakespeare?
7. Who wrote Myra Breckinridge, Lincoln and Julian?
Answer: Gore Vidal.
8. What ‘N’ is the bird Keats wrote an ode to?
9. What was the only novel to be written by Margaret Mitchell?
Answer: Gone with the Wind.
10. Which Author created The Sleuths Miss Jane Marple and Hercule Poirot?
Answer: Agatha Christie.
11. Which 4 letter word for having sex first appeared in a dictionary in 1986?
Answer: Bonk – not the obvious one!
12. Which ‘JE’ is Governess to The Ward Of Mr Rochester, in the book bearing her name?
Answer: Jane Eyre.
13. How many sonnets did William Shakespeare write?
14. Which authors first (unsuccessful) book was inland voyage?
Answer: Robert Louis Stevenson.
15. Who wrote “An Outcast of the Islands”?
Answer: Joseph Conrad.
16. Who wrote Charlie And The Chocolate Factory?
Answer: Roald Dahl.
17. In which Thomas Hardy novel does the character BathSheba Everdene Appear?
Answer: Far from the Madding Crowd.
18. Who wrote the science fiction novel Slaughterhouse Five?
Answer: Kurt Vonnegut.
19. What seven words provide the opening line of the Shakespeare play Richard III?
Answer: Now is the winter of our discontent.
20. Which group of fans are the only ones to be mentioned in the Oxford English Dictionary?
21. Who wrote the novel Invisible Man In 1952?
Answer: Ralph Waldo Emerson.
22. John Ridd is the male lead in which book with a girl’s name as its title?
Answer: Lorna Doone.
23. Which great book was started in Bedford Jail In 1675?
Answer: The Pilgrim’s Progress.
24. The authorised version of the Holy Bible was made at the order of which king?
Answer: James The First (1611).
25. Which novel opens with the words, ‘Last night I dreamed I went to Manderley again … ”
Online Literature Quiz Questions and Answers 2017 – 2018
26. Who wrote about a pig called the Empress of Blandings?
Answer: P G Wodehouse.
27. Whose 1995 novel The Moor’s Last Sigh enraged Hindu militants in
Answer: Salman Rushdie’s.
28. Which county shares its name with the first name of an English author?
Answer: Somerset (Maugham).
29. What title is held by Shakespeare’s Cymbeline?
Answer: King of Britain.
30. Excluding the word Hawaii what is the only word in the English dictionary that has a double i?
Answer: Skiing (Possibly Radii).
31. Who wrote her memoirs in “What Falls Away”?
Answer: Mia Farrow.
32. Who wrote the play Happy Days in 1961?
Answer: Samuel Beckett.
33. Who wrote a cookery book called “Keeping lt Simple”?
Answer: Gary Rhodes.
34. What is the term used to denote the unauthorized and illegal accessing of computer programs, often with criminal intent?
35. Who wrote the novel Bonfire of the Vanities?
Answer: Tom Wolfe.
36. What ‘W’ is the name by which Mr Collins, who wrote ‘The Woman in White’, is known?
37. What pen name was adopted for the book ‘Bravo Two Zero’?
Answer: Andy Mcnab.
38. What ‘E’ was a Greek dramatist who wrote some eighty plays?
39. What is the first book in the New Testament?
Answer: Gospel of Matthew.
40. Which playwright wrote “Barefoot in the Park” and “The Odd Couple”?
Answer: Neil Simon.
41. What ‘Gem’ is the strange looking creature that jealousy is described as in Shakespeare’s Othello!?
Answer: Green Eyed Monster.
42. Who wrote the long-running West end play ‘The Mousetrap’?
Answer: Agatha Christie.
43. Which Shakespeare pay concerns the two old friends Valentine and Proteus’ love for The beautiful Julia?
Answer: The Two Gentlemen of Verona.
44. Who’s first book was the Pebble in the Sky?
Answer: Isaac Asimov.
45. What book was the best-seller of the year in America in 1794?
Answer: Benjamin Franklin’s Autobiography, which had been published in England the year before – three years after his death.
46. Who wrote that ‘The Female of the species is deadlier than the Male?
Answer: Rudyard Kipling.
47. Who wrote servants of the Wankh in 1969?
Answer: Jack Vance.
48. What ‘D’ is the setting for Shakespeare’s Hamlet?
49. Who wrote plays with a political theme such as “The Little Foxes”?
Answer: Lillian Hellman.
50. In what book does Humpty Dumpty First Appear?
Answer: Through The Looking Glass.