Chemistry Quiz Chemicals and Elements – Learn Chemistry – Science Quiz
1) A rain coat is made of what?
2) Which element on adding to natural rubber makes it less sticky in hot weather and less hard in cold weather?
3) Which chemical causes Minamata disease?
4) The absence of cobalt in minute quantities in human body causes what?
Answer: Pernicious anaemia
5) Which element can easily form chains?
6) Cement mixed with gravel, sand and water is called what?
7) What is the measure of performance of petrol in internal combustion engines?
Answer: Octane number
8) Glass is made out of what?
9) Which is considered to be an anomalous compound?
10) How would you know that a chemical is pure or not?
Answer: By checking its melting point
11) Which material is used in display devices, such as digital watches?
Answer: Liquid crystal
12) Which chemical compound may soon be used as a fuel for driving vehicles?
Test Your Chemistry Knowledge – Science GK Questions
13) Which drug is present in cola drinks?
14) Which fuel produces the maximum heat per gram burnt?
15) Which element in radioactive form is used for determining the age of artifacts, relics, bones etc. of the past?
16) Which product of living organisms was the first to be made under laboratory conditions?
17) Which drug is present in tobacco?
18) What is the most common natural source for sulfur?
Answer: Volcanic region
19) The first scientific definition of a chemical element was made in which book?
Answer: The Sceptical Chymist
20) Which element is present in the least amount in a living body?
21) What is Manganese?
Answer: A hard brittle greyish-white metallic element
22) Which gas liberated when marble reacts with hydrochloric acid?
23) Which substance is produced when nitrogen reacts with hydrogen?
24) Which metal has the density is less than that of water?
25) Which catalyst used in the manufacture of Sulfuric acid?
Answer: Vanadium pentoxide