Ancient History General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers Part 2
World History Quiz
1) How did the Paleolithic people clad?
Answer: Tree barks and animal skin. But often naked.
2) How long did the Paleolithic period last?
Answer: Probably from 30000 B.C. to 10000 B.C.
3) How did the Paleolithic men disposed their dead?
Answer: Left outside.
4) Where did we get information about Paleolithic men?
Answer: From the skeletons, tools and paintings on the walls of the caves unearthed by the excavators.
5) Which were the main types of Paleolithic men discovered by the excavators?
Answer: Java man (Indonesia), Peking man or Beijing man (China) and Heidelberg man (Germany)
6) What was the conditions of the above said groups?
Answer: They are human like being, not real man.
7) What was the tool used by these early Paleolithic men?
Answer: Stone axe
8) Who was the best known man during the Paleolithic age?
Answer: Neanderthal man
9) Where did the skeletons of Neanderthal man find out?
Answer: From Neander valley in Germany.
10) Where did the Neanderthal man live?
Answer: They lived in caves.
11) What was the important discovery made by the Neanderthal man?
Answer: The use of fire.
12) How did the Neanderthal man live?
Answer: Hunting, fishing and gathering wild fruits.
13) What kinds of tools were used by the Neanderthal man?
Answer: Knives, Spear heads, and throwing stones.
14) What kind of social life did the Neanderthal man have?
Answer: Lived in groups having the strongest as their head.
15) How did they dispose the dead?
Answer: They buried the dead.
Learn Ancient World History Online
16) While burying the dead, the clothes, tools and weapons of the dead man were also buried with him. What does it show?
Answer: They had some belief about some kind of life after death.
17) When did the Neanderthal man live?
Answer: Probably about fifty thousand years before.
18) Where Neanderthal men true men? (
Answer: They were generally accepted as to be the most near to human beings.
19) What were all the qualities that the Neanderthal man did not have?
Answer: They cannot stand erect nor hold their heads straight and incapable of speech.
20) Who were the important species of human beings lived on earth after Neanderthal men?
Answer: They were Cro-Magnons and Rhodesians.
21) Why did the Cro-Magnons be called so?
Answer: Their remains were found first from Cro-Magnon cave from France.
22) From where did the Cro-Magnons come to Europe?
Answer: They might have come from North Africa or South Asia.
23) When did the Cro-Magnon exist on the earth?
Answer: They existed about 35000 years ago.
24) The Cro-Magnons were superior to Neanderthals. What were the superior qualities they have?
Answer: He was more so near to modern man in shape. They were tall and erect and more civilized.
25) Where did the Cro-Magnons live?
Answer: They lived in caves.
26) The Cro-Magnons were more artistic. What was the proof for their artistic taste?
Answer: Pictures with many colors are still seen in the caves.
27) What was the social life that the Cro-Magnons had?
Answer: Greater interest in family life. Families joined together and formed clans.
28) How did the Cro-Magnons dispose the dead?
Answer: They buried the dead in strongly built caves.
29) What was the belief of the Cro-Magnons about the life after death?
Answer: They had faith in soul and life after death.
30) Could the Cro-Magnons be able to speak?
Answer: They could speak.