Ancient World History General Knowledge Quizzes with Answers Part 5
1) What was the importance of metal age?
Answer: It made tremendous progress in even walks of human life.
2) Men are divided into different races. What is meant by race?
Answer: A group of people of the same kind.
3) Which are the main races in the world?
Answer: The black or the Negroid, The yellow or Mongoloid, The white or Caucasian.
4) Today, racial purity is a myth. Why?
Answer: All the races today became so much mixed up due to inter mingling and inter breeding.
5) Which race forms the largest division of man?
Answer: The Mongoloid.
6) Which was the first language used by men?
Answer: Some sounds which expressed emotions.
7) When did language originate?
Answer: No exact date. It took a pretty long time.
8) What was the language used by the man during the early Neolithic period?
Answer: It consisted of a few hundred words.
9) How did the Neolithic men express their feelings?
Answer: Rejoice by dancing and sorrows by tears.
10) How did different language originate?
Answer: People were separated by natural barriers. It results the appearance of many languages.
11) Which are the main Indo-European or Aryan languages?
Answer: They are English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Greek, Russian, Persian and Indian languages like Sanskrit.
12) What are the languages belonging to the Semitic group?
Answer: They are Hebrew, Arabic, Abyssinian, Assyrian and ancient Phoenician.
13) What are the languages that can be included in the Hamitic group?
Answer: The ancient Egyptian languages, The Barber languages, North Africa and East Africa.
14) Which are the main languages that included in Turanian group?
Answer: The Lappish, Finnish and Magyar, Tartar, Manchu and Mongol languages.
15) Which are the languages that can be grouped under the Chinese group?
Answer: They are the Chinese, Burmese, Siamese and the Tibetan languages.
Online Ancient History Quiz Questions
16) What are the American Indian languages?
Answer: The languages in different American countries.
17) Who are the people that use the Bantu language?
Answer: The people of Central Africa.
18) By whom are spoken the Malayo-polynesian languages?
Answer: The people of Malaysian countries. Some other languages like the Dravidan languages in south India also come to this group.
19) How did the art of writing develop?
Answer: Developed from drawing.
20) Where did the alphabets originate from?
Answer: From Hieroglyphics and Cuneiform writings.
21) What kind of writing was Hieroglyphics?
Answer: Picture use writings.
22) Why was that form of writing called Hieroglyphics?
Answer: It was used by the priests in Egypt, which meant Holy pictures.
23) When did the Egyptians invented this form of writings?
Answer: By 6000 B.C
24) Where did the Egyptians write?
Answer: At first they carved on stones. Later they invented paper and wrote with the help of a kind of pen and ink.
26) Who were the people which developed the cuneiform writings?
Answer: The Sumerians in Mesopotamia.
27) Where did the Sumerians write?
Answer: They used to draw on clay plates.
28) What kind of writing was cuneiform writing?
Answer: They used symbols, to represent a sound.
29) What kind of writing was that developed in China?
Answer: The Chinese also used pictures like the Egyptians.
30) How did alphabet develop?
Answer: The Phoenicians blended Hieroglyphics and Cuneiform systems of writing and developed the first form of alphabet.