Trivia and Quizzes – Quick Quiz Questions
General Trivia Quizzes and Answers
1. What was the state of Egypt after the destruction of the old kingdom?
Answer: An age of anarchy and confusion.
2. When was S.N.A set up?
Answer: In 1953.
3. Where is oxidation takes place?
Answer: At the anode.
4. The techniques for 2-D morphing comes from digital image processing and _
Answer: Texture mapping.
5. The picture tube of a colour television set has how many electron guns?
6. How many days, a timber may require for natural seasoning?
Answer: 4-6 months.
7. Who discovered cellophane?
Answer: Dr. J. Brandenberger.
8. What was the starting point and destination of the first passenger train in the world?
Answer: Liverpool and Manchester.
9. What was the expedition of Bleriot? When was it?
Answer: Bleriot, a French Aviator crossed the English Channel for the first time in a monoplane in 1909.
10. After the rule of the 12th dynasty, there was a dark eye in Egypt. Why?
Answer: Egypt was conquered by Hyksos.
11. Which fruit is the king of fruits?
12. Morphing process varies depending on whether the image is _
Answer: 2-Dimensional or 3-Dimensional.
13. The TV camera breaks up the scene into several fragments and prepares video signals in the proper order by the process called _
14. In ordinary Portland cement approximate content of Tricalcium silicate is _
15. Where do the gases Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon dioxide, Neon, Helium, Methane, Krypton, Hydrogen, Nitrous oxide, Xenon and Ozone exit?
Answer: In the atmosphere.
Quick Trivia Quiz Questions
16. Who invented chronometer?
Answer: John Harrison.
17. When was the first railway line opened in the world?
18. When did plane-to-ground radio communication establish?
Answer: In 1929.
19. How long did the Hyksos rule Egypt?
Answer: For two centuries.
20. Write the full name of the Spanish painter and designer Goya:
Answer: Francisco José de Goya y Lucientes.
21. Which country is the biggest exporter of processed cashew nuts?
22. A solution which turns red litmus to blue is called what?
23. Photoshop was one of the first revolutions of:
Answer: Macintosh graphics programs.
24. For relay of TV signals we need the help of _
Answer: Geostationary satellites.
25. The Compound which contributes the highest share of heat of hydration in cement is:
Answer: Tricalcium aluminate.
26. How many major zones or layers are there in the earth’s atmosphere?
27. He is more renowned for his lucid, immortal poetry than his mathematical contributions. Name him:
Answer: Omar Khayyam.
28. Who invented contact lenses?
Answer: Adolf Eugen Fick.
29. In which year the world’s first Hospital on rails opened?
30. When did International Civil Aviation Organisation (I.C.A.O.) establish?
Answer: In 1947.
Simple Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
31. By what name the Hyksos kings were known?
Answer: Shepherd kings.
32. Name the Indian dancer who dances on artificial limbs:
Answer: Sudha Chandran.
33. What is the alkaloid present in tea?
34. Which gas evolved on heating cone, Sulfuric acid with a mixture of potassium chloride and manganese di-oxide?
35. How many channels are supported by Photoshop?
Answer: 24 alphachannels.
36. The frequency of carrier waves used for television transmission ranges from 54 MHz to:
Answer: 216 MHz.
37. Gypsum is added to Portland cement during its manufacture so that it may:
Answer: Retard the setting time.
38. ‘Which are the meteorological conditions of the environment?
Answer: Temperature, pressure and humidity.
39. The famous Eliza computer program is named after one of the characters in the classic:
Answer: Pygmalion (It is after Eliza Doolittle in this famous George Bernard Shaw’s play).
40. Who discovered clock (mechanical)?
Answer: Yi Xing and Liang Lingzan.
41. What is the name of world’s first Hospital on Rails?
Answer: Life line Express.
42. What was the speed of the aircrafts in the year 1903?
Answer: 32 Miles per hour.
43. What was the change happened in Egypt by the conquest of Hyksos?
Answer: Learned the art of war fare.
44. Pablo Picasso, the renowned French sculptor and painter got his surname from:
Answer: His Mother.
45. Write an example for unsaturated oil:
Answer: Groundnut oil.
46. Which will come out, on heating cone, Sulfuric acid and manganese di-oxide with any iodide?
Answer: Iodine vapours will come out.
47. In photoshop using what format, that you can export images to other programs like adobe illustrator?
Answer: Desktop Color Separation Format.
48. Which is the novel in which a man is tortured to believe ‘two plus two is five’?
Answer: 1984 (Its author is George Orwell).
49. Who discovered clock (pendulum)?
Answer: Christian Huygens.
50. What was the height gained by Wright brothers in the year 1903?
Answer: 260 feet.