Trivia and General Knowledge Quiz Questions Answers
Online Trivia Quiz
1. With which book does the Bible end?
2. The time required by the moon to return to the same position relative to a fixed star is called:
Answer: Sidereal month.
3. What is the meaning of parsimony?
Answer: Extreme reluctance to spend money.
4. Which country invented backstroke swimming?
5. Who was the first English poet to be officially given the title of Poet Laureate?
Answer: John Dryden.
6. Which country has the most productive silver mines?
7. How many caterpillars of the silk moth have to be boiled alive in order to obtain a pound of silk?
8. What is a maverick?
Answer: An unorthodox person.
9. What does malediction mean?
10. Which planet appears brightest in the night sky?
11. Athena, in Greek mythology, who sprung from Zeus’s forehead, was the goddess of:
Answer: War and Peace.
12. What gives the human brain its energy?
13. Who founded the Society of Jesus, whose members are known as Jesuits?
Answer: St. Ignatius Loyola.
14. What kind of phobia or fear is Lyssophobia?
Answer: Morbid fear of insanity.
15. Nuclear radiation is extremely harmful for the human body, although on one organ it has the least effect. Which?
Trivia Quiz Questions and Answers
16. In which country are parents fixed a heavy sum of money for producing a second child?
17. There is an animal whose finger prints are close to those of human beings. Which?
18. Which folk singer is associated with the song ‘Mr. Tambourine Man’?
Answer: Bob Dylan.
19. In which city are there more than 20,000 wind mills, the largest number in the world?
Answer: Merida in Mexico.
20. Which town was subjected to an air raid for the first time in history?
Answer: Guernica in Spain.
21. Which sporting event is the long distance ‘Tour de France’?
22. Which was the first nuclear powered submarine?
23. Which country owns the first nuclear powered submarine?
Answer: USA (I960).
24. How many liters go to make a gallon?
25. Who introduced potatoes into England?
Answer: Sir Walter Raleigh.
26. Of which country is SABENA the international airline?
27. Which is the largest port in Germany?
28. What is turpitude?
29. What is the meaning of blase?
30. Which is the fastest train in the world?