Top 52 Physics Quiz Questions with Answers
Physics Online Quiz Questions
1. When do the period of oscillation gets doubled in a simple pendulum?
Answer: The length is made four times.
2. An increase in the speed of a fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid’s potential energy is a principle named as?
Answer: Bernoulli’s theorem.
3. In a constant temperature process the product of pressure and volume is constant, what is this law called?
Answer: Boyle’s law.
4. Dimensional expression ML2T-3 is of which physical quantity?
5. The first Asian to win noble prize in the science, for his work on scattering of light?
Answer: C.V Raman.
6. The energy lost as heat, in reversing the magnetization of the material is?
Answer: Hysteresis loss.
7. An electronic circuit that produces a periodic, oscillating electronic signal, often a sine wave or a square wave can be termed as what?
Answer: Electronic Oscillator.
8. Flow of liquid through a pipeline can be related with what?
Answer: Reynolds Number (Re).
9. Among the following, how is shear modulus denoted?
10. When a bullet rises vertically upward, what is the change that happens to its kinetic energy ?
Answer: It decreases.
11. What are the factors affecting the rate at which the energy radiated by a body?
Answer: All the above factors.
12. What is the range of gravitational potential energy of the universe?
Answer: 1068 J.
13. The energy is having a dimensional formula as _
Answer: ML2 T-2.
14. For what measurement is the ‘Becquerel’ used?
Answer: Activity of a radionuclide.
15. The Theory of Relativity was proposed by whom?
a. Albert Einstein
b. Albert A.Michelson
Physics General Knowledge Questions and Answers
16. The area swept by the planet’s orbital radius in equal intervals of time is equal, is stated in which law?
Answer: Kepler’s Law of period.
17. Which among the following is an example of speed of a longitudinal wave?
a. Light wave.
b. Sound wave
18. The process of fusing and refreezing of ice is termed as _
19. The middleweight particles were named as ‘meson’, by whom?
Answer: Homi J. Bhabha.
20. A measure of comparative power ratio or relative loudness is called as _
21. What is the standard unit of dose?
22. Contrast image reproduction is measured as _
23. The idea of Principia written by Isaac Newton was formed with the support of which person?
Answer: Edmund Halley.
24. The amount of energy required to raise temperature by one unit (1°C), is termed as _
Answer: Specific heat capacity.
25. What was the subject ‘physics’ called in earlier times?
Answer: Natural Philosophy.
26. Name any one element, other than ‘As’ and ‘Sb’, which can be used as impurity with germanium to form n-type semiconductor?
27. How is the energy gap in a conductor?
28. The optical science was first described by whom in the early ages?
Answer: Robert Grosseteste.
29. An Italian philosopher who said that ‘the sun might be an ordinary star’ was burnt to death, name it?
Answer: Giordano Bruno.
30. The kinetic energy v/s speed graph is in which shape?
Physics Advanced Quiz Questions
31. The minimum amount of energy required to remove the most loosely bonded electron is called as?
Answer: Ionisation energy.
32. When does the value of energy becomes zero for an electron?
Answer: Far away from the nucleus.
33. The vacant space of a solid’s, electronic energy level is _
34. A petrol engine used to mix petrol and air in certain ratio for combustion, is called _
35. What is the potential energy of an electron when it is far away from the nucleus?
36. The book Hydrodynamic containing the explanation of Bernoulli’s theorem was published by whom in the year 1738?
Answer: Daniel Bernoulli.
37. What is the energy equivalent of the mass of an electron?
Answer: Mass of an electron = 0.0511 eV.
38. Name the scientist who first proposed the wave theory of light?
Answer: Christian Huygens.
39. Acceleration due to gravity measured in Gal is equal to _
Answer: 1 cm/s2.
40. A barn of nuclei is equal to _
Answer: 10-24 cm2.
41. Magnetic flux density is measured in _
42. How is the mass of an electron get converted to energy?
Answer: Combining it with a positron.
43. What is the term used to refer the exchange of energy between a particle and an electromagnetic wave?
Answer: Radiation heat.
44. The unit of Viscosity in the CGS system is _
45. Around the nucleus, surrounds the electron with a total energy _
Answer: Less than zero.
46. 1022J of energy can be related equal to which among the following?
Answer: Solar energy received per day on the earth.
47. What is the reciprocal of the impedance of an electric current?
48. Why is 8th November 1895 regarded as special day of physics?
Answer: W. Roentgen discovered X-rays.
49. The unit ‘Nit’ is used in what?
50. Among the following, the unit of sound absorption is _
51. 2 December 1942 is known for:
Answer: The creation of the first controlled chain reaction.
52. The Standard Unit of measurement of magnetic field strength is _
Answer: Ampère per metre.