Top 50 Trivia Questions and Answers
Trivia Questions and Answers Part 1
1. In its natural, unchopped state, which food can be likened to a miniature tree?
2. In what year was the Battle of Hastings?
3. Who was the author of the book Père Goriot?
Answer: Honoré de Balzac.
4. What is former U.S. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney’s first name?
5. According to the title of a 1996 Barbra Streisand movie, The Mirror Has Two what?
6. What was the theme song of the movie Billy Jack?
Answer: One Tin Soldier.
7. Robert Bakker is a famous paleontologist. What did he study?
8. Which is the largest and deepest of the Great Lakes of North America?
Answer: Lake Superior.
9. We can see more than 50% of the moon’s surface from Earth because of _
10. How many millions of whites lived in Australia in 1877?
Trivia Questions and Answers Part 2
11. According to Greek mythology who was the Goddess of Agriculture?
12. Who assassinated Robert Kennedy?
Answer: Sirhan Sirhan.
13. Who was the author of the book trilogy: Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnamable?
Answer: Samuel Beckett.
14. What did archaeologist Hiram Bingham discover in 1911?
Answer: Machu Picchu.
15. What British stage production did Monkees Davey Jones star in as a child?
16. Which animal did Diane Fossey spend her life protecting?
Answer: Dian Fossey.
17. Which continent contains 90 per cent of the world’s ice?
18. Which statement is true about Bailey’s beads?
A) Bailey’s beads are seen during a solar eclipse.
B) Bailey’s beads are seen during a lunar eclipse.
19. What distinctively Australian cooking utensil replaced the quart pot in the 1850s?
Answer: The Billy.
20. According to Greek mythology who was the God of the Underworld?
Trivia Questions and Answers Part 3
21. Which country has the oldest national flag?
22. Who was the author of the book Decameron?
Answer: Giovanni Boccaccio.
23. What religion was founded by Prince Gautama Siddhartha?
24. In the game blackjack, which word describes a hand of cards totaling higher than 21?
25. What branch of the armed forces was Humphrey Bogart in?
Answer: The Navy.
26. What does a herpetologist study?
27. In which country is the Great Barrier Reef?
28. Is The Diamond Ring visible during annular solar eclipses? Yes or No
29. What country achieved independence from New South Wales in 1841?
Answer: New Zealand.
30. According to Greek mythology who was the Goddess of Wisdom & Handicrafts?
Trivia Questions and Answers Part 4
31. Who was the author of the book Collected Fictions?
Answer: Jorge Luis Borges.
32. Which university is home to the oldest medical school in the U.S.?
Answer: University of Pennsylvania.
33. What was the minimum number of Electoral College votes required to win the 2000 U.S. presidential election?
34. What group released the album Days of Future Past?
Answer: The Moody Blues.
35. What does a lepidopterist study?
Answer: Moths and butterflies.
36. In which country is the great port of Antwerp?
37. Pick the correct statement:
A) Mars, Jupiter and Saturn are called the outer planets.
B) Earth, Jupiter and Saturn are called the outer planets.
C) Mars, Jupiter up to the planet Pluto are called the outer planets.
D) None of these statements are correct
38. Who commanded the French ships which arrived in Botany Bay on 28 January 1788?
Answer: Jean-Francois de la Perouse.
39. According to Greek mythology who was the Messenger of the Gods, God of Thieves?
40. In 1989, what trade union was legalized in Poland?
Trivia Questions and Answers Part 5
41. Who was the author of the book Wuthering Heights?
Answer: Emily Bronte.
42. What organization was founded in 1966 by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale?
Answer: Black Panther Party.
43. In the 1973 Allman Brothers song Ramblin Man, the singer was born in the back seat of what?
Answer: Greyhound bus.
44. How old was Stevie Wonder when he had his first hit?
45. Which of the following scientists would study motion, forces, & energy?
46. Of which American state is Boston the capital?
47. Are the photosphere, corona and prominences found on the Sun? Yes or No
48. Which Bushrangers gang did Sir Frederick Pottinger fail to capture?
Answer: Ben Hall.
49. According to Greek Mythology who was the Goddess of Love and Beauty?
50. How many U.S. Presidents have been assassinated?