50 Online Quiz Questions in English with Answers – Win Your Quiz Competitions
1. What is meant by Missile Technology Control Regime?
Answer: Multilateral export control regime.
2. Which is the world’s highest battlefield?
3. Who wrote the novel “The Sellout”?
Answer: Paul Beatty.
4. James Cameron was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Canadian film maker, director, producer, and screenwriter.
5. Who is the first person to sequence DNA in space?
Answer: Kate Rubins.
6. What is meant by DNA Sequencing?
Answer: Process of determining the precise order of nucleotides within a DNA molecule.
7. Where is Google headquartered?
Answer: Mountain View, California.
8. What is meant by Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement?
Answer: Tentative free trade agreement between Canada and the European Union.
9. What is meant by air quality index?
Answer: Number used by government agencies to communicate to the public how polluted the air currently is or how polluted it is forecast to come.
10. What is anticyclone?
Answer: Weather phenomenon defined as a large scale circulation of winds around a central region of high atmospheric pressure.
11. What is meant by Metal Organic Framework?
Answer: Compounds consisting of metal ions or clusters coordinated to organic ligands to form one, two or three dimensional structures.
12. What is meant by Gini coefficient?
Answer: Measure of statistical dispersion intended to represent the income distribution of a nation’s residents.
13. Who is Peter Casey?
Answer: Entrepreneur and television personality based in Atlanta.
14. List the member nations of Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership?
Answer: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Australia, China, India, Japan, South Korea, New Zealand.
15. Where is Mount Qasioun located?
16. Quentin Tarantino was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: American filmmaker and screenwriter.
17. What is meant by “Curiosity”?
Answer: Car sized robotic rover exploring Gale crater on Mars as a part of NASA’s Mars Science Laboratory Mission.
18. What is meant by “fly ash”?
Answer: One of the coal combustion products composed of fine particles that are driven out of the boiler with the flue gases.
19. Who wrote the book, “The Vegetarian”?
Answer: Han Kang.
20. Who wrote the book, “The Game Goes on “?
Answer: Alan Mc Gilvray.
21. Name the Chief Executive Officer of Yahoo?
Answer: Marissa Mayer.
22)What is meant by Snapchat?
Answer: Image messaging and multimedia mobile application.
23. Where is port Talbot located?
Answer: United Kingdom.
24. Who is the President of Interpol?
Answer: Meng Hongwei.
25. What is meant by Rubik’s cube?
Answer: 3D combination puzzle.
26. What is meant by CTBT(Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty)?
Answer: Multilateral treaty that bans all nuclear explosions for both civilian and military purposes, in all environments.
General Online Quiz Questions for Everyone
27. Which country is the first non member of the Non Proliferation Treaty to sign nuclear deal with Japan?
28. Leonard Cohen was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Canadian singer and songwriter.
29. Who is the Prime Minister of Italy?
Answer: Matteo Renzi.
30. What is meant by bottom trawling?
Answer: Trawling along the seafloor.
31. Who is Keigo Higashino?
Answer: Japanese author known for his mystery novels.
32. Which day is observed as World Pneumonia day?
Answer: November 12.
33. What is meant by pneumococcal conjugate vaccine?
Answer: Vaccine used to protect infants, young children and adults against disease caused by the bacterium streptococcus bacterium.
34. What is meant by cephalosporin?
Answer: Class of b lactam antibiotics originally derived from the fungus acremonium.
35. What is sulphonamide?
Answer: Basis of several groups of drugs.
36. Name the Secretary General of NATO
Answer: Jens Stoltenberg.
37. What is meant by SWIFT(Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication)?
Answer: Network that enables financial institutions worldwide to send and receive information about financial transactions in a secure, standardized and reliable environment.
38. What is meant by Non Proliferation Treaty?
Answer: International treaty whose objective is to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology to promote cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy and to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament.
39. What is the ordinal status of Donald Trump among the Presidents of America?
40. Who is Sir Ranulph Fiennes?
Answer: English explorer and holder of several endurance records.
41. Who is Ryan Reynolds?
Answer: Canadian actor and producer.
42. Name the Prime Minister of Greece.
Answer: Alexis Tsipras.
43. What is meant by Sustainable Development Goals?
Answer: Set of seventeen global goals with 169 targets between them.
44. Where is Van Gogh museum located?
45. How many chemical components does coffee consist of?
46. Joan Baez was in the news recently. Who is she?
Answer: American folk singer, songwriter and activist.
47. What is meant by PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)?
Answer: Proprietary information technology standard for organizations that handle credit cards from the major card schemes.
48. Christopher Hitchens was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Author, columnist and essayist.
49. Who is the author of the book, “The Pigeon Tunnel”?
Answer: John Le Carre.
50. What is meant by pulmonaryoedema?
Answer: Fluid accumulation in the tissue and air spaces of the lungs.