50 Animals GK Quiz Questions – Learn More about Animals
Animals GK Quiz Questions with Answers (Questions 1-25)
1) On what continent did horses evolve?
Answer: North America.
2) Why do guinea pigs eat some of their feces?
Answer: To obtain vitamins.
3) Are capybaras herbivores, carnivores, or omnivores?
4) How many basic groups of amphibians are there?
5) What kind of animal is a gribble?
6) A group of crows is called a:
7) Ants cannot live in wet climates. True or false?
8) Why do baby elephants eat their mothers’ droppings?
Answer: To ingest essential gut flora.
9) What is the largest number of eggs a bobwhite quail (Colinus virginianus) can lay?
10) The Lone Ranger’s Potawatomi sidekick, Tonto, had a horse named what?
11) What class of creature has the most species?
12) What is the name for a venomous snake that lives in Japan?
13) What kind of animal is a kite?
14) What do bats use to control their wings?
Answer: arms and fingers.
15) What is the largest monkey?
16) An assembly of owls is referred to as a:
17) All worker ants are male. True or false?
18) Which group of arthropods does not have members that are camouflaged by their resemblance to bird droppings?
19) What is the largest number of eggs that a burrowing owl (Athene cunicularia) will typically lay?
20) Which of the following famous racehorses does not have a biopic?
Answer: War Admiral.
21) What kind of animal is a silverside?
22) Dogs can hear up to what frequency (in cycles per second)?
23) What are newborn crickets called?
24) What do adult frogs and toads lack?
25) Caterpillars have no exoskeleton. True or false?
Online General Knowledge Animals Quiz
26) What are fossilized feces called?
27) What is the largest number of eggs a green iguana (Iguana iguana) may lay?
28) A mustang known as Comanche was the mount of which well-known commander?
Answer: George Custer.
29) How many kilograms can an adult giant panda weigh?
30) What organ do snakes use to help them taste and smell?
Answer: Jacobson’s organ.
31) What is the name for a larval fly?
32) A cluster of jellyfish is called a:
33) What kind of animal is a yak?
34) Fewer than 10 species of ants are found in India. True or false?
35) The young of some species of which animal produce feces contained inside a sac of mucus, allowing the parents to easily remove the feces from the nest?
36) How many kits do least weasels (Mustela nivalis) usually give birth to?
37) How much food does an adult giraffe eat, in kilograms, each day?
38) What is a newborn bat called?
39) How many toes does a dog have?
40) How many body parts does an insect have?
41) What kind of animal is a grunt?
42) What characteristic do all frogs have?
Answer: they are poisonous.
43) A flutter is a group of:
44) What is the name for the family of small birds that can hover?
45) How many mice would it take to produce the amount of milk a cow can?
46) How many times is the largest fish larger than the smallest fish?
Answer: 1,800 times.
47) To which continent are rattlesnakes native?
Answer: North America.
48) What is the name for a two-humped camel?
49) The most common terrestrial animal is the ant. True or false?
50) Why is whale excrement important to oceanic ecosystems?
Answer: It brings nutrients to surface waters.