Physics Quiz Questions Work Power and Energy – Science Quiz
Physics Online GK Science Quiz
1) What do you mean by the rate of work done?
2) What is the collision when two bodies stick together after the collision?
3) What do you mean by the third order of levers?
Answer: The effort is in between the resistance and the fulcrum.
4) What changes is done by a dynamo?
Answer: Mechanical energy is converted in to electrical energy.
5) Which is the main source of energy to earth?
6) If velocity of a moving body is made 3 times, what happens to its kinetic energy?
Answer: K. E will increase 9 times.
7) Write an example of a third order of lever.
Answer: Forceps, ice tongs, hook and rod.
8) Write an example of second order.
Answer: Nut cracker.
9) What is the unit of work in the C.G.S system?
10) By what type of force the work is done when a body falls freely?
Answer: Gravitational force.
11) What is equal to one watt?
Answer: One joule/second.
12) One H.P is equal to what?
Answer: 746 Watts.
13) What is called the capacity to do work?
14) What is called the energy possessed by a body because of its velocity?
Answer: Kinetic energy.
15) What is called the energy possessed by a body because of its position?
Physics Science General Knowledge
16) What does the kinetic energy of a body depend on-horseback?
Answer: It depends on its mass and velocity.
17) What happens when the height of a body from the ground is doubled?
Answer: Potential energy is also doubled.
18) What is the P.E of a body on the ground?
19) In the interior of the sun, which reaction takes place?
Answer: Nuclear fusion.
20) In the sun, which is converted in to energy?
21) In the core of the sun, hydrogen nuclei fuse together to form which nuclei?
22) What is called a device which reduces human effort?
23) What is called the rigid code that can rotate about a fixe point, fulcrum?
24) What is called the force overcome by a lever?
25) In the first order of levers, what is between the resistance and the effort?
26) What is called the ratio of the resistance to the effort when they balance each other?
Answer: Mechanical advantage of a simple machine.
27) What is called the perpendicular distance from effort to fulcrum?
Answer: Effort arm.
28) Write an example of second order of levers?
Answer: Lime squeezer.
29) Write some example of the first order levers?
Answer: Balance, scissors, spanner.
30) State the law of conservation of energy.
Answer: Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.