Physics Quiz Questions Inventions in Physics – Learn Physics – Science Quiz
1) Who invented electric bulb?
Answer: Thomas Alva Edison
2) Who first made an electro magnet?
Answer: William Sturgeon
3) Who discovered that the flow of electric current influences a magnetic needle?
Answer: Oersted – in 1820
4) Who determined the quantity of electric charge in an electron?
Answer: Robert Andrews Millikan
5) Who developed the law of attraction or repulsion of electric charges?
6) Who artificially made radio isotopes?
Answer: Irene curie, Frederic Joliot
7) Who 1st predicted the existence of Isotopes?
Answer: Frederick Soddy
8) Who discovered the existence of the nucleus inside the atom?
Answer: Ernest Rutherford -in 1911
9) Who is the enunciator of modem atomic theory?
Answer: John Dalton
10) Who made the first nuclear reactor?
Answer: Enrico Fermi
11) Who is the father of the concept of atom?
12) Who first used the word ‘electric’?
Answer: William Gilbert
13) Who proved the existence of seven colors in sunlight?
Answer: Sir. Isaac Newton
14) Who proved that light travels faster than sound?
Answer: Ole Romer
15) Who first made artificial dye from coal tar?
Answer: W.H. Perkin
Online General Physics Quiz with Answers – Science GK
16) Which instrument is used to demonstrate Archimedes principle?
Answer: Cartesian diver
17) When was nuclear fission discovered?
Answer: In 1938 by Lise Meitner (Austria) and Otto Hahn (Germany)
18) Who tried to prove that air is weightless?
19) Who was the Indian scientist awarded Nobel – prize for physics?
Answer: Dr. C.V. Raman, in 1930
20) Who invented Radar?
Answer: Albert H. Taylor
21) Who propounded the theory of electrolysis?
Answer: Michael Faraday
22) Who first measured the velocity of light?
23) Who invented Calculating Machine?
Answer: Wilhelm Schickard
24) Who discovered Airplane?
Answer: Wilbur and Orville Wright
25) Who invented Airship?
Answer: Ferdinand von Zeppelin