Physics Quiz Questions for Competitive Exams – Physics Online GK
1. Name an object which has no potential, energy but has only kinetic energy:
Answer: A running vehicle.
2. What do you mean by a potential energy?
Answer: Potential energy is the stored energy.
3. What is the escape velocity from the moon?
Answer: 2.37 km/s.
4. Which is the direction of rotation of a synchronous satellite of earth?
Answer: West to east.
5. Which force is needed to change the direction of a moving body?
Answer: External unbalanced.
6. The momentum of a body depends on what?
Answer: Its mass and velocity.
7. What is the formula for potential energy?
8. What is the co-efficient of restitution e for a perfectly, elastic collision?
9. What is the co-efficient of restitution e for a perfectly inelastic collision?
10. How many times is the energy increased if the unit of force and length be each increased by four times?
Answer: 16 times.
11. What is the mechanical advantage in a machine where a resistance W is overcome by applying an effort p?
12. How much work a man does when he pushes a wall and fails to displace it?
Answer: No work at all.
13. Why does an athlete run some distance before taking a long jump?
Answer: By running the athlete gives himself larger inertia of motion.
14. Which force done by the system will increase the potential energy of the system?
Answer: A conservative force.
15. Two particles of masses 1 g and 4 g are moving with equal linear momenta. What is the ratio of their kinetic energies?
16. An engine develops 10 kw of power. How much time will it take to lift a mass of 200 kg to height of 40 meter (g = 10 ms2)
Answer: 8 sec.
17. What is called the energy, which an electron acquires when accelerated through a potential difference of 1 voit?
Answer: 1 e v.
18. What is called the perpendicular distance from effort to fulcrum?
Answer: Effort arm.