Miscellaneous Trivia Quiz Questions
Miscellaneous Trivia Quiz Questions
General Trivia Quiz Questions
1. Who was the author of the book ‘Fairy Tales and Stories’
Hans Christian Andersen.
2. Marie Antoinette was married to which French King?
King Louis XVI
3. What Los Angeles community is noted for celebrities and mansions?
4. What sixties Broadway musical advocated wearing “it down to there”?
5. What does a vulcanologist study?
6. Which two oceans does the Panama Canal connect?
Atlantic and Pacific.
7. Mercury and Venus are known as _
8. Who published Handbook of the Birds of Australia in 1865?
9. According to Greek mythology who was the Queen of the Gods?
10. What kind of flooring is made by cementing small pieces of marble together and then polishing them?
11. In sports, which female German tennis player announced her retirement in 1999 after winning twenty-two Grand Slam titles?
12. In geometry, what is the side of a right triangle this is directly opposite the right angle?
13. In television, what ’70s cops were played by David Soul and Michael Glazer?
Starsky and Hutch.
14. What medical term for the digestive tract was the name originally selected for the now-failed energy company Enron?
15. The Arrhenius theory describes the sequence wherein atomic orbitals get filled up with electrons. True or False?
Mixed Trivia Quiz Questions
16. What are the hill and valley of a wave called?
Crest and trough.
17. Which bird did American founding father Benjamin Franklin prefer for the national bird of the new United States?
18. What is the highest point in North America?
19. Where was oil first discovered in the United States?
The first oil well in the United States was in Titusville, Pennsylvania, where Colonel Edwin L. Drake drilled the world’s first oil well in August 1859.
20. The First Triumvirate was established in 60 B.C. by Julius Caesar, Marcus Licinius Crassus, and this Roman general and consul. He was one of Caesar’s many enemies and his son-in-law,he became a ruler of Rome. Who was he?
21. The cell organelle that controls all the cell’s functions is the:
22. Substances with a definite volume and take the shape of their containers are:
23. Weathering of rocks which does involve the action of chemicals is:
24. A push or a pull on an object is:
25. What is the surname of the Hungarian inventor whose multicoloured, rotatable cube became a world cult?
26. What raw material is used for making glass?
27. The name of the galaxy in which our solar system is situated is the _
28. Which World War II battle is officially called The Ardennes Offensive?
The Battle of the Bulge.
29. Which country has the largest capacity reservoir in the world?
30. Which country was once the “breadbasket” of the Soviet Union?
Basic Trivia Quiz Questions
31. Which state is known as the “Beehive State”?
32. The Antipodes Islands, south of New Zealand, are almost the exact antipode of which city?
33. What is the capital of Liberia?
34. What is the Mexican name for the Rio Grande?
Rio Bravo del Norte.
35. Iowa’s primary agricultural production can be characterized as _?
Feed grains and livestock.
36. On which TV sitcom did Bob Denver play the lead role?
37. In the sentence “The fat sheriff held a smoking gun”, which word is a participle?
38. Comedian Paul Lynde was a regular panelist on this T.V. game show:
39. Birds have two stomachs. True or False?
40. Where would you find the state of Selangor, with a capital city of Shah Alam?
41. Off which coast is the Ligurian Sea?
42. Which country has the lowest rate of newspaper circulation per capita?
43. At the 1984 Olympics, Mary Lou Retton won the gold in the:
44. Which composer was known as the “Red Priest”?
45. What was Germany’s main school of architecture and applied arts in the 1920s?
46. At what London tourist spot does the Cranbourne river artificially surface?
47. In which year was William Shakespeare born?
48. Which group performed with Bob Marley?
49. Which president was succeed upon his death by Calvin Coolidge?
Warren G. Harding.
50. What do you call a grouping of ants?
A colony or an army of ants.
51. What U.S. state has the most counties?
52. How many muses are there in Greek mythology?