100 Latest Quiz Questions with Answers 2018 – Learn and Improve Your General Knowledge
1) What is meant by “Oetzi the Iceman”?
Answer: 5300 year old Mummy.
2) ”Every language is a temple, in which the soul of those who speak is enshrined”, is quoted by whom?
Answer: American author Oliver Wendell Holmes.
3) RCEP stands for?
Answer: Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership.
4) Name the world’s largest chip maker
5) Who is the President of Turkey?
Answer: Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
6) Which is the oldest living vertebrate?
Answer: Greenland Shark.
7) What is the specialty of Myitsone Dam in Myanmar?
Answer: It is a dam and hydroelectric plant jointly built by China and Myanmar.
8) Which is the largest port in Europe?
9) Who is the present Chinese Prime Minister
Answer: Li Keqiang.
10) Coupa was in the news recently. What is it?
Answer: Leader in cloud based spend management software platform.
11) Which monument in Sri Lanka has been listed in UNESCO’s list of world heritage sites?
Answer: Golden Temple of Dambulla.
12) Who is the Director General of UNESCO?
Answer: Irina Bokova.
13) Which is UNESCO’s advisory body for cultural properties?
Answer: International Committee on Monuments and Sites.
14) Which is the merged reality device of Intel?
Answer: Project Alloy.
15) Where is Mai Ja Yang situated?
16) List the member nations of ASEAN
Answer: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
17) Which is Europe’s largest automaker?
18) What is the name of low cost and long haul airlines of Singapore Airlines?
19 )Which is the premier award of France?
Answer: Legion of Honour.
20) Who is the current French President?
Answer: Francois Hollande.
21) What is meant by exchange traded fund?
Answer: Investment fund traded on stock exchanges much like stocks.
22) Which company introduced first Wi-Fi air conditioner in the world?
23) What is meant by insulated gate bipolar transistor?
Answer: Three terminal power semiconductor device primarily used as an electronic switch.
24) Who is known as the founding father of Singapore?
Answer: Lee Kan Yew.
25) Where is Timbuktu, UNESCO’s world heritage site located?
Most Asking Top Quiz Questions
26) Name the new version of small car by Renault
27) What is We Chat?
Answer: Cross platform instant messaging service developed by Tencent in China.
28) Samsung Z2 is powered by which operating system?
Answer: Tizen operating system.
29) What is Hyundai Elantra?
Answer: Compact car produced by the South Korean manufacturer Hyundai.
30) Which is Google’s latest version of Android operating system?
31) Which devices use Nougat?
Answer: Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, Pixel C and General Mobile 4G.
32) What is meant by Google Nexus?
Answer: Line of consumer electronic devices that run the Android Operating system.
33) What is meant by two factor authentication?
Answer: Additional security layer for online and mobile commerce transactions.
34) What is meant by Tran’s pacific partnership?
Answer: Trade agreement among twelve Pacific Rim countries.
35) What is debt restructuring?
Answer: Process that allows a private or public company or a sovereign entity facing cash flow problems and financial distress to reduce debt.
36) Name the first driver less taxi?
Answer: Robo taxi.
37) Who is Peter Theil?
Answer: German American entrepreneur.
38) What is meant by Liquidity Adjustment Facility?
Answer: Monetary policy that allows banks to borrow money through repurchase agreement.
39) Who is Janet Yellen?
Answer: American economist.
40) Which are the “Big Four” accounting firms?
Answer: Pricewaterhouse coopers, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, KPMG.
41) What is Environment Impact Assessment?
Answer: Term used on the assessment of the environmental consequences of a plan, policy or project.
42) What do we mean by Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD)?
Answer: Conference held with the objective to promotepolicy dialogue between African leaders and development partners.
43) Which country is the largest exporter of onion?
44) Where is “Friendship Bridge” located?
Answer: Amu Darya River on Uzbekistan-Afghanistan border.
45) What is meant by Platform as a Service?
Answer: Category of cloud computing services that provides a platform allowing customers to develop and manage applications without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure.
46) Who is the current President of Egypt?
Answer: Abdel Fattah Al Sisi.
47) Where is the world’s largest indoor theme park located?
48) What do we refer by the ease of doing business?
Answer: Index created by the World Bank group.
49) Name three indicators included in the ease of doing business index?
Answer: Business friendliness, attractiveness to investors, and competitive policies.
50) Who is the President of Zimbabwe?
Answer: Robert Mugabe.
Online Tough Quiz Questions Answers
51) What is meant by average revenue per user?
Answer: Measure used primarily by consumer communications and networking companies defined as the total revenue divided by the number of subscribers.
52) Which is the world’s biggest Smartphone vendor?
53) What is financial inclusion?
Answer: Delivery of financial services at affordable costs to sections of disadvantaged and low income segments of society.
54) List the member countries of G20
Answer: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, European Union.
55) What do we refer by European Commission?
Answer: Executive body of the European Union responsible for proposing legislation, implementing decisions, upholding the EU treaties and managing the day today business of the European Union.
56) Who is the President of European Commission?
Answer: Jean Claude Juncker.
57) Who is Omarosa Manigault?
Answer: American reality show personality.
58) Name the President of Colombia
Answer: Juan Manuel Santos.
59) Which is the capital of Laos?
60) What do we mean by CARE(Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere)?
Answer: International humanitarian agency delivering emergency relief and long term international development projects.
61) Which countries are world’s top three rice importers?
Answer: China, Saudi Arabia, Iraq.
62) What is meant by maglev?
Answer: Transport method that uses magnetic levitation to move vehicles without touching the ground.
63) What is Xylene?
Answer: One isomer of dimethyl benzene.
64) Where is Dusseldorf located?
65) Who is Alexey Ovchinin?
Answer: Russian astronaut.
66) Cameron Bailey was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Canadian film critic.
67) Which day is observed as world physiotherapy day?
Answer: September 8.
68) Who is Kate Rubins?
Answer: NASA Astronaut.
69) Who is the President of Palestine?
Answer: Mahmoud Abbas.
70) Name the philanthropic arm created by Mark Zuckerberg?
Answer: Chan Zuckerberg initiative.
71) What is meant by municipal bond?
Answer: Bond issued by a local government or territory, or one of their agencies.
72) What is meant by East Asia Summit?
Answer: Forum held annually by leaders of 16 countries in the East Asian, south East Asian, and south Asian regions.
73) Which mosquito spreads Zika virus?
74) What is meant by Boeing 777?
Answer: Family of long range wide body twin engine jet airliners developed and manufactured by Boeing commercial airplanes.
75) Which country has the world’s longest bullet train network?
100 Latest GK Quiz Questions of 2018
76) Which country is the world’s biggest apparel exporter?
77) Expand APTA
Answer: Asia Pacific Trade Agreement.
78) Who is the oldest President to be elected in the history of America?
Answer: Ronald Reagan.
79) Who is Yulia Stepanova?
Answer: Russian runner who specializes in the 800 metres.
80) Who wrote the book “Stronger Together”?
Answer: Hillary Clinton.
81) Name the space lab created by China
82) What is meant by global innovation index?
Answer: Annual ranking of countries by their capacity for and success in innovation.
83) What is meant by microfinance?
Answer: Source of financial service for small businesses lacking access to banking and related services.
84) Who wrote the book “The Childhood of Jesus”?
Answer: JM Coetzee.
85) Who is Margaret Atwood?
Answer: Canadian poet, novelist, literary critic and essayist.
86) Name the author of the book “The Handmaids Tale”
Answer: Margaret Atwood.
87) Who wrote the book “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Wolf”?
Answer: Edward Albee.
88) Which is the only country in the world that allows euthanasia on minors of all ages?
89) Which day is observed as International Peace Day?
Answer: September 21.
90) What is meant by Qualified Institutional Buyer?
Answer: Purchaser of securities that is deemed financially sophisticated and is legally recognized by securities market.
91) What is meant by Voice Over Long Term Evolution?
Answer: Standard for high speed wireless communication for mobile phones and data terminals.
92) Which is America’s highest law making body?
Answer: US Congress.
93) Which is Germany’s largest lender?
Answer: Deutsche Bank.
94) What is meant by cusecs?
Answer: Measure of flow rate and informal short hand for cubic feet per second.
95) Charmian Carr was in the news recently. Who is she?
Answer: American actress and singer.
96) Who is the President of Congo?
Answer: Joseph Kabila.
97) What do we refer by Game of Thrones?
Answer: American fantasy drama television series created by David Benioff and DB Weiss.
98) Who is Jeffrey Tambor?
Answer: American actor.
99) Where is Europe’s largest glacier located?
100) Who is Le Corbusier?
Answer: Swiss French architect and designer.