Online Quiz Questions in English with Answers
1. What is the name of the South Africa movement led by Chief Buthelezi?
Answer: Inkatha movement.
2. Which boy’s name, signaled in Morse code, would be represented by six dashes?
3. From which foreign country does the largest number of tourists visit India?
4. What is called a “Stalemate” in chess?
Answer: A draw.
5. Who built the famous Vitthal Mandir in Vijayanagar?
6. Which London church is officially the collegiate church of St. Peter?
Answer: Westminster Abbey.
7. Which cereal is used to make ‘black’ breads?
8. What type of flowers produce vanilla pods?
9. What accurately describes drinks with no C2H5OH content?
10. Which vegetable is a green variety of banana, used as a staple food in the tropics?
11. When were the Montague-Chelmsford Reforms announced?
Answer: July 1918.
12. When was the Hindustan Republican Association founded to organize an armed revolution in the country?
13. What led to the suspension of the Non-Co-operation Movement of 1920-22?
Answer: Violence at Chauri Chaura.
14. On which day in April 1919 did Jallianwala Bagh massacre, one of the worst political crimes in modern history, take place?
Answer: 13 April.
15. When did Aurangzeb sign a peace treaty with Bijapur?
Answer: A.D. 1686.
Online Quiz Questions in English with Answers Part 2
16. ‘Song of the North’ is the national anthem of:
17. Where was Napoleon born?
18. A cosmic year means:
Answer: 250 million years.
19. When is Bhishma Pitamah believed to have died?
Answer: 1423 B.C.
20. When was Hastinapur abandoned by the Kauravas?
Answer: 1300 B.C.
21. What is meant by chlorinated polyvinyl chloride?
Answer: Thermoplastic produced by chlorination of polyvinyl chloride resin.
22. Which day is observed as World Fisheries day?
Answer: November 21.
23. Name the President of Mauritius?
Answer: Ameenah Gurib.
24. Who got Mother Theresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice 2016?
Answer: Faraaz Ayaaz Hossain.
25. Which is the largest volunteer medical organization in the world?
Answer: Medecines Sas Frontieres.
26. Which is the world’s largest nuclear and particle physics laboratory?
Answer: European Organization for Nuclear Research.
27. ”He who can not be a good follower can not be a good leader”, is quoted by whom?
28. Which country is the second largest producer and consumer of currency notes?
29. Who is known as the father of hybrid rice?
Answer: Yuan Longping.
30. What is meant by Google Glass?
Answer: Optical head mounted display designed in the shape of a pair of eye glasses.
Online Quiz Questions in English with Answers Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31. Who is Jerome K Jerome?
Answer: English writer and humorist.
32. What is meant by Wilson’s disease?
Answer: Genetic disorder in which copper builds up in the body.
33. Name the President of Argentina.
Answer: Mauricio Macri.
34. What is meant by equity?
Answer: Difference between the value of the assets and the cost of the liabilities of something owned.
35. Name the first solar powered flight?
Answer: Solar Impulse.
36. What is meant by carbon foot print?
Answer: Total set of greenhouse gas emissions caused by an individual, event, organization or product.
37. What is meant by rheumatoid arthritis?
Answer: Long lasting auto immune disorder that primarily affects joints.
38. Which word has been selected as Dictionary.com’s word of the year?
39. What is meant by sovereign wealth fund?
Answer: State owned investment fund investing in real and financial assets such as stocks, bonds, real estate, precious metals or in alternative investments.
40. Who directed the film Daughter?
Answer: Reza Mirkarimi.
41. What is meant by VSAT(Very Small Aperture Terminal)?
Answer: Two way satellite ground station with a dish antenna that is smaller than three metres.
42. What is meant by High Throughput Satellite?
Answer: Classification for communications satellites that provide at least twice, though usually by a factor of 20 or more.
43. What is meant by reverse commerce?
Answer: Recovery of products over electronic systems such as the internet or through physical distribution channels.
44. What is meant by aerosol?
Answer: Colloid of fine solid particles or liquid droplets, in air or another gas.
45. What do we refer by digital wallet?
Answer: Electronic device that allows an individual to make electronic transactions.
46. Who wrote the book, “The Curse of Cash”?
Answer: Kenneth Rogoff.
47. Name the world’s biggest coal miner.
Answer: Coal India.
48. Name the world’s largest producer of coal.
49. Who wrote the book “My Vision for Space Exploration?
Answer: Buzz Aldrin.
50. What is meant by mercosur?
Answer: Sub regional bloc.