Top 50 Olympics Quiz Questions with Answers – Learn more about Olympics
Olympics Multiple Choice Quiz Questions with Answers Part 1
1. When were held the first winter Olympics?
A: 1922 B: 1924 C: 1932 D: 1902
2. What color have five intersecting rings of the Olympic’s flag?
A: White, Red, Blue, Pink and Green. B: Blue, Brown, Yellow, Green and Black. C: Red, Black, Breen, Blue and Yellow. D: Red, Green, Black, Teal and Orange.
3. Which of the following is NOT a part of the summer Olympics?
A: Boxing B: Cycling C: Biathlon D: Water Polo
4. Which of the following is not a part of the modern Olympics anymore?
A: Softball B: Table Tennis C: Taekwondo D: Volleyball
5. To whom Greeks dedicated Olympic Games?
A: Zeus B: Hera C: Demeter D: Apollo
6. How is called a period between Olympic Games?
A: Holiday Break B: Fermata C: Break D: Olympiad
7. From what country originated Olympics?
A: USA B: Italy C: Greece D: France
8. When and where were the first modern Olympic Games held?
A: 1888 B: 1896 C: 1996 D: 1998
9. Which five countries were represented at every Olympics since its beginning?
A: USA, Poland, China, Australia and Iceland. B: Greece, Australia, France, Great Britain, and Switzerland. C: Greece, USA, Portugal, France and Denmark. D: Russia, Egypt, Japan, Germany and Argentina.
10. How many nations boycotted the 2008 Olympics in Beijing?
A: 0 B: 1 C: 4 D: 15
11. Which country hosted the 1936 Summer Olympics?
A: Spain B: France C: Germany D: Poland
12. Which country won the most gold medals in at the 1996 Summer Olympics?
A: Belgium B: Great Britain C: Finland D: USA
13. Which country hosted the 1992 Summer Olympics?
A: Spain B: Brazil C: Norway D: India
14. Who is the first black person to win individual swimming gold?
A: Nelson Mandela B: Anthony Nesty C: Jesse Jackson D: Muhammad Ali
15. Which discipline returned to the summer Olympic in 1988, after 64 years of absence?
A: Snowboarding B: Football C: Tennis D: Curling
Top Olympics Questions with Answers Part 2
16. Which country won the most medals in Olympics since their inception?
A: Soviet Union B: USA C: China D: Great Britain
17. Which ONE of the following countries has never won a medal in Olympics?
A: Iceland B: Turkey C: Sudan D: Albania
18. Since when a Freestyle skiing is an Olympics’ discipline?
A: 1992 B: 1994 C: 1996 D: 1998
19. Which the winter Olympics has been cancelled?
A: 1921 B: 1940 C: 1939 D: 1919
20. Which country hosted the 1972 Winter Olympic, for the first time outside of Europe or North America?
A: South Korea B: China C: Japan D: Australia
21. Which the Spanish athlete is the first and only one to win gold in the Winter Olympics?
A: Aurelio García B: Sergio Ramos C: Francisco Fernández Ochoa D: Pepe
22. When occurred the first boycott of the Winter Olympics?
A: 1920 B: 1980 C: 1800 D: 1925
23. Who won medals (any) in five consecutive Olympics in the same discipline, as the first person in history?
A: Georg Hackl B: Phoebe Mills C: Kwon Jong Yul D: Giorgio Moroder
24. Which country won the most GOLD medals at the 2002 Winter Paralympics?
A: USA B: Norway C: Germany D: Canada
25. Which country hosts the 2016 Summer Olympics?
A: Argentina B: Mexico C: Brazil D: Chile
26. Who officially opened the 2012 Summer Olympics?
A: Sir Paul McCartney B: Boris Johnson C: Queen Elizabeth II D: Daniel Craig
27. Who became the most decorated athlete of all time during the 2012 Summer Olympics?
A: Michael Phelps B: Mark Spitz C: Ole Einar Bjorndalen D: Chris Hoy
28. Which Olympic discipline represents Jenny Thompson?
A: Gymnastics B: Swimming C: Biathlon D: Fencing
29. Which nationality is Usain Bolt?
A: USA B: Great Britain C: Jamaica D: South Africa
30. Which year Vancouver hosted the Winter Olympics?
A: 2001 B: 2006 C: 2013 D: 2010
Latest Olympics GK Questions and Answers Part 3
31. In which year the IOC began enacting drug testing protocols?
A: 2000 B: 2016 C: 1967 D: 1896
32. Who won the most medals (any) in Archery of all time?
A: Ana Fernández B: Hubert Van Innis C: Ayn Rand D: Honoré de Balzac
33. Who won the most medals (any) in Ski jumping of all time?
A: Bertrand Russell B: Simon Ammann C: Matti Nykänen D: Kelly Clark
34. Since when Snowboarding is the Winter Olympic discipline?
A: 2016 B: 1997 C: 1900 D: 1998
35. Which of the following disciplines has been discontinued (in 1900)?
A: Equestrian B: Wrestling C: Luge D: Croquet
36. Who won the gold medal in Horizontal bar (Gymnastics) at the 2000 Summer Olympics?
A: Alexei Nemov B: Lionel Messi C: Salvador Dalí D: Usain Bolt
37. Which Olympic discipline represents Carl Lewis?
A: Gymnastics B: Croquet C: Athletics D: Tug of war
38. Who is the oldest gold medalist in the history (till 2016)?
A: Ole Einar Bjorndalen B: Neil Gaiman C: Gerard Piqué D: Justine Dufour-Lapointe
39. Which of the following won medals in both the Summer and Winter Olympics? (Athletics and Bobsleigh).
A: Anaïs Nin B: Lauryn Williams C: Michael Phelps D: Larisa Latynina
40. At which Olympics a German kayaker Birgit Fischer won her first gold medal?
A: 2004 Athens B: 1980 Moscow C: 1981 Nottingham D: 1997 Dartmouth
41. Duff Gibson as the oldest gold medallist at the Winter Olympics, in which discipline he won the gold?
A: Skeleton B: Diving C: Snowboarding D: Ski jumping
42. Which team won gold medals four consecutive times in row since at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Synchronized swimming?
A: Japan B: China C: Russia D: USA
43. A winner in Boxing (Light Flyweight) at the 2012 Summer Olympics? He won a gold medal in the 2008 Summer Olympics as well.
A: Hwang Kyung-seon B: George Lyon C: Kjetil André Aamodt D: Zou Shiming
44. Which of the following disciplines will return to the 2016 Summer Olympics after 112 years of absence?
A: Baseball B: Golf C: Triathlon D: Figure skating
45. A name of a designer of the 2012 London Summer Olympic medals?
A: Edna St. Vincent Millay B: Georg Hackl C: David Watkins D: João Rodrigues
46. A name of an athlete with the most Olympic appearances?
A: Ian Millar B: Ole Einar Bjorndalen C: Adam Smelczyński D: Alfred Tennyson
47. How many Olympic appearances has a Danish sailor Paul Elvstrom?
A: 1 B: 4 C: 8 D: 10
48. Which two countries have been represented by a sailor Durward Knowles at the Olympics between 1948–1972 and 1988?
A: Vatican and Poland B: France and Russia C: USA and Great Britain D: Great Britain and Bahamas
49. Which year has been born an Olympic-level equestrian rider Andrew Hoy?
A: 1990 B: 1959 C: 1688 D: 1923
50. How many gold medals won a German equestrian Reiner Klimke?
A: 1 B: 0 C: 12 D: 6