55 GK Quiz Questions Answers Latest 2018 – Learn General Knowledge Online
1) What is meant by FRAX?
Answer: Diagnostic tool used to evaluate the 10 year probability of bone fracture risk.
2) Who wrote the book “Old path white clouds: Walking in the footsteps of the Buddha”?
Answer: Thich Nhat Hanh.
3) Who is Elena Ferrante?
Answer: Pseudonym for an Italian Novelist.
4) Name the measurement of radiation.
5) What do we mean by Capex?
Answer: Expense where the benefit continues over a long period rather than being exhausted in a short period.
6) What is meant by Galaxy Note 7?
Answer: Android phablet smartphone produced and marketed by Samsung Electronics.
7) Which is the largest wireless carrier in USA?
Answer: Verizon Communications Inc.
8) What is meant by Google Pixel?
Answer: Line of consumer electronic devices from Google that run Chrome OS or Android operating system.
9) What is meant by Japanese encephalitis?
Answer: Diseases caused by the mosquito borne Japanese encephalitis virus.
10) What is meant by Workday?
Answer: On demand financial management and human capital management software vendor.
11) Who got Nobel prize for literature in 2016?
Answer: Bob Dylan.
12) Who is the executive director of UNDP?
Answer: Erik Solheim.
13) Name the new secretary general of UNO.
Answer: Antonio Guterres.
14) Who is the world’s longest reigning monarch?
Answer: Bhumibol Adulyadej.
15) What is meant by Geographical Information System?
Answer: System designed to capture, store, manipulate, analyze, manage and present spatial or geographical data.
16) Which day is observed as International Student’s Day?
Answer: October 15.
17) What is meant by nano flake?
Answer: An uneven piece of material with one dimension.
18) Where was the eighth BRICS summit held.
19) Name the currency of China Yuan.
20) What is meant by point of care testing?
Answer: Medical diagnostic testing at or near the point of care-that is at the time and place of patient care.
21) Where is New Development Bank of BRICS headquartered?
22) Which is the world’s largest container shipping company?
Answer: Maersk Line.
23) What is meant by BBIN.
Answer: (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal) Sub regional architecture of countries in South Asia.
24) Who is the first song writer to win Nobel prize for literature?
Answer: Bob Dylan.
25) What do we mean by Shenzhou?
Answer: Spacecraft developed and operated by China to support its manned space flight program.
General Quiz Questions – Online GK in English
26) What is meant by NASDAQ?
Answer: American stock exchange.
27) What is meant by Huntington’s disease?
Answer: Inherited disorder that results in the death of brain cells.
28) What is meant by geotagging?
Answer: Process of adding geographical identification metadata to various media such as a geotagged photograph, video, websites, SMS messages and QR codes.
29) Name three payment gateways operating from India.
Answer: RuPay, Visa and MasterCard.
30) What is meant by Compound Annual Growth Rate?
Answer: Business and investing specific term for the geometric progression ratio that provides a constant rate of return over the time period.
31) What is Hulu?
Answer: American subscription video on demand service owned by Hulu LLC, a joint venture with the Walt Disney Company, 21st Century, Comcast and Time Warner.
32) What is meant by NAFTA(North American Free Trade Agreement)?
Answer: Agreement signed by Canada, Mexico and the United States creating a trilateral trade bloc in North America.
33) Which US State is called as the “Sunshine state”?
34) Barbara Williams was in the news recently. Who is she?
Answer: American actress.
35) Who is Carlos Alberto?
Answer: Brazilian footballer.
36) Which virus causes bird flu?
37) What is meant by H5N1?
Answer: Sub type of the influenza A virus which can cause illness in humans and many other animal species.
38) Where is Belfort situated?
39) Where is the oldest library in the world located?
40) Tim Cook was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: Chief Executive Officer of Apple Inc.
41) What is meant by Man Booker prize?
Answer: Literary prize awarded each year for the best original novel written in the English language and published in the UK.
42) Name the Man Booker Prize winner of 2016.
Answer: Paul Beatty.
43) Which country has the highest share of women parliamentarians in the world?
44) Steve McCurry was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: American photographer who has worked in photojournalism and editorial.
45) Who is John Key?
Answer: New Zealand Prime Minister.
46) Who bagged Sakharov Human Rights Prize in 2016?
Answer: Nadia Murad and Lamia Haji Bashar.
47) Who is the current President of Asian Development Bank?
Answer: Take Hiko Nakao.
48) Which is the world’s cheapest car?
Answer: Tata Nano.
49) What is meant by disaster recovery?
Answer: Set of policies and procedures to enable the recovery or continuation of vital technology infrastructure.
50) Who won the Saul Bellow award in 2016?
Answer: Toni Morrison.
51) What do we refer by Triumph Bonneville?
Answer: Standard motor cycle featuring a parallel twin four stroke engine and manufactured in three generations over three separate production runs.
52) Which is the world’s first vaccine to fight against tape worm in pigs?
53) What is meant by Cysticercosis?
Answer: Tissue infection caused by the young form of the pork tapeworm.
54) Who is the current Director General of World Trade Organization?
Answer: Roberto Azevedo.
55) What is meant by Trans Pacific partnership?
Answer: Trade agreement among twelve of the Pacific RIM countries.