50 Simple Quiz Questions and Answers
Simple Quiz Questions and Answers Part 1 (Questions 1-15)
1) What is meant by Google Allo?
Answer: Messaging mobile app developed by Google.
2) Expand UNCTAD
Answer: United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
3) What is meant by madam tussauds?
Answer: Wax museum in London.
4) Who is Jared Leto?
Answer: American actor, singer, songwriter and director.
5) What is meant by Ivy League?
Answer: Collegiate athletic conference compromising sports teams from eight private institutions of higher education in the north eastern United States.
6) Which is the world’s second biggest wireless service market?
7) Where is Charlotte located?
8) Who is Jack Dorsey?
Answer: Cofounder and CEO of Twitter.
9) What is meant by DNA methylation?
Answer: Process by which methyl groups are added to DNA.
10) Mark Cuban was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: American businessman and investor.
11) Where is the world’s largest radio telescope located?
12) Which is world’s longest running TV soap opera?
Answer: Coronation Street.
13) What is meant by Incredible India?
Answer: International marketing campaign by the Government of India to promote tourism in India to an audience of global appeal.
14) Who is Samantha Power?
Answer: United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
15) Which is world’s largest container shipping firm?
Answer: AP Moller Maersk .
Simple Quiz Questions and Answers Part 2 (Questions 16-30)
16) List the member nations of SAARC
Answer: India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
17) Name the type of obstructive lung disease characterized by long term poor airflow
Answer: Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
18) Name the space probe built by the European space agency launched on 2 March 2004
19) What is meant by graphene?
Answer: Allotrope of carbon in the form of a two dimensional lattice.
20) Who is David Bowie?
Answer: English singer and songwriter.
21) What is meant by melamine?
Answer: Organic base and a trimer of cynamide with 1,3,5 triazine skeleton.
22) Who is Shimon Peres?
Answer: Israeli statesman and ninth President serving from 2007 to 2014.
23) Who is Max Walker?
Answer: Australian cricketer.
24) What is meant by Oslo accords?
Answer: Set of agreements between the government of Israel and the Palestine Liberation organization.
25) What is meant by Maritime Silk Road?
Answer: Chinese strategic initiative to increase investment and foster collaboration across the historic silk road.
26) What is meant by Paris agreement?
Answer: Agreement within the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change dealing with greenhouse gases emissions, mitigations, adaptation and finance starting in the year 2020.
27) Who is Susan Rice?
Answer: 24th United States National Security Advisor.
28) Where is Chabahar port located?
29) What is meant by nepenthes khasiana?
Answer: Tropical pitcher plant of the genus nepenthes.
30) Who got the Nobel prize for medicine in 2016?
Answer: Yoshinori Ohsumi.
Simple Quiz Questions and Answers Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31) Who is Kim Kardashian?
Answer: American reality television personality and businesswoman.
32) Where is the world’s tallest wood building located?
Answer: University of British Columbia.
33) what is meant by autophagy?
Answer: Natural, regulated, destructive mechanism of the cell that disassembles unnecessary or dysfunctional components.
34) Who is Christian de Duve?
Answer: Nobel prize winning Belgian cytologist and biochemist.
35) Who is William Campbell?
Answer: Irish American biologist and parasitologist known for his work in discovering new therapy against infections.
36) Who is James E Rothman?
Answer: American biochemist.
37) What is meant by purchasing managers index?
Answer: Economic indicator derived from monthly surveys of private sector companies.
38) Who got Nobel prize for physics in 2016?
Answer: David J Thouless, F Duncan M Haldane, J Michael Kosterlitz.
39) Who is the current President of Peru?
Answer: Pedro Pablo Kuczynski.
40) Who got Nobel prize for chemistry in 2016?
Answer: Jean Pierre Sauvage, J Fraser Stoddart and Bernard Feringa.
41) What is meant by “The Rolling Stones”?
Answer: English rock band formed in London in 1962.
42) Who is the first Prime Minister of China?
Answer: Zhou Enlai.
43) What is meant by BIMSTEC(Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multisectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation)?
Answer: International organization involving a group of countries in South Asia and South East Asia.
44) Who are the member nations of BIMSTEC?
Answer: Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bhutan, and Nepal.
45) Who holds the record for longest living human being?
Answer: Jeanne Calment.
46) Who won the Nobel peace prize in 2016?
Answer: Juan Manuel Santos.
47) What is meant by bonobo?
Answer: Endangered great ape and one of the two species making up the genus pan.
48) Jon Bon Jovi was in the news recently. Who is he?
Answer: American singer, songwriter, and actor.
49) What is meant by osteoporosis?
Answer: Disease where decreased bone strength increases the risk of a broken bone.
50) What is meant by ischemic heart disease?
Answer: Group of diseases that include stable angina, unstable angina, myocardial infarction, and sudden cardiac death.