Top 50 Interesting GK Questions in English
Interesting Basic GK Questions in English Part 1 (Questions 1-15)
1) Tallest tree in the world?
Answer: The Redwood Tree.
2) The old name of Namibia?
Answer: South West Africa.
3) The old name of Mumbai?
4) Parkinson’s disease was first described by:
Answer: James Parkinson, British neurologist, 1817.
5) Columbus of Space name used for:
Answer: Neil Armstrong.
6) Manchester of the Orient:
7) Currency of Pakistan:
8) Refrigerator invented by:
Answer: James Harrison.
9) 1917 is the year of?
Answer: Russian Revolution..
10) What is meant by Exclusive Economic Zone?
Answer: An exclusive economic zone (EEZ) is a sea zone prescribed by the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea over which a state has special rights regarding the exploration and use of marine resources, including energy production from water and wind.
11) The Capital of Scotland is?
12) Y.M.C.A. founded by:
Answer: Sir George Williams.
13) Moscow Russia has riverside of:
Answer: Moskva River.
14) Where is Arabian Sea located?:
Answer: West of India, East of Arabian Peninsula and South of Pakistan and Iran.
15) The Capital of Qatar is?:
Interesting GK Questions in English Part 2 (Questions 16-30)
16) “Britain of the South” name used for:
Answer: New Zealand.
17) Lotus sign used for:
Answer: Culture and Civilization.
18) Safety Lamp invented by:
Answer: Humphry Davy.
19) London England has riverside of:
Answer: Thames River.
20) Largest library in the world?
Answer: United States Library of Congress.
21) The country known as Mother-in-Law of Europe is:
22) The founder of USA was:
Answer: George Washington.
23) Archimedes was born in:
24) The first Muslim woman to become the Secretary General of Amnesty International:
lrine Zubeida Khan.
25) Which is the largest enclosed body of water on earth by area?
Answer: The Caspian Sea is the largest enclosed inland body of water on Earth by area, variously classed as the world’s largest lake or a full-fledged sea.
26) Nagasaki Day___
27) First man boxing champion:
Answer: Tim Hyer, 1841.
28) May Day, International Laborers Day:
29) The biggest delta in the world is:
Answer: The Sunderbans.
30) Highest waterfall___
Answer: Angel Falls, (Venezuela).
Interesting GK Questions in English Part 3 (Questions 31-50)
31) City of Eternal Springs:
Answer: Quito (Ecuador).
32) Largest canal___
Answer: Keil Canal in Germany.
33) The Capital of Spain is?
34) Largest River Island___
Answer: Majuli (Assam).
35) Black band arm is Sign of:
Answer: Mourning, in Protest.
36) Hybridization is:
Answer: Cross-fertilization between two varieties.
37) Jet Engine invented by:
Answer: Sir Frank Whittle.
38) Father of Greek Democracy___
39) Father of Green Revolution___
Answer: Norman Borlaug.
40) Acupuncture is widely practiced in which country?
41) Largest stadium___
Answer: Strahove (Czech Republic).
42) The largest gulf in the world is:
Answer: Gulf of Mexico.
43) The “Daughter of East” name used for:
Answer: Benazir Bhutto.
44) Liverpool England has riverside of:
Answer: Mersey River.
45) Queen of the Adriatic:
Answer: Venice, Italy.
46) The longest river in South Asia is:
47) UNU stands for:
Answer: United Nations University.
48) Where is Coral Sea Located?
Answer: North-Eastern Coast of Australia.
49) Equator passes through:
50) Currency of Georgia___