General Knowledge – GK Quiz Questions 8-June-2018
1. For what are Thaumatin, aspartame, and Mannitol used as substitutes?
Answer: Sugar (sweetener).
2. Which milk pudding is made from starch extracted from the pith of a palm tree?
3. What is the secondary covering of a nutmeg?
4. What are the dried stigmas of crocus flowers, used as a flavoring and coloring?
5. What sort of high-gluten flour is used for making pasta?
Answer: Durum flour.
6. Karaoke is the Japanese word meaning:
Answer: Empty orchestra.
7. How many wives did Henry VIII have beheaded?
8. The world’s largest producer of wine is:
9. What creatures do wild bananas depend on for pollination?
10. What is the study of electronic systems that can perform the functions of living beings?
11. Which King ruled over Taxila from 140 to 130 B.C?
Answer: Antialkidas, a Greek.
12. When did the Egyptians use the arm balance?
Answer: About 7000 years ago.
13. Which country takes the credit for the invention of glass?
Answer: Syria, around 3000 B.C.
14. Before the 8th century Japan used a foreign script. Where did it originate from?
Answer: Chinese script.
15. Which country invented water wheel and when?
Answer: Greece, about 100 B.C.
16. Which country invented the wheel-barrow in the 3rd century A.D and what was it used for?
Answer: China, to carry people.
17. Which country is known to have used paper tissues for more than 300 years?
18. Which saint was a cobbler by caste?
19. Where is the statue commonly known as Eros located in London?
Answer: Piccadilly Circus.
20. In which Russian city is the Red Square?