General Knowledge – Competitive Exams Questions
1. What is a poltergeist?
Answer: A knocking ghost.
2. What is the correct meaning of bland?
Answer: Dull and uninteresting.
3. Whose detective is Father Brown?
Answer: Agatha Christie.
4. If you are holding your opponent in a half nelson what kind of combat are you in?
5. What is the meaning of misapprehend?
6. How many spokes are there in “Asoka Chakra” of Indian National flag?
7. Which country buried their unknown soldier at Arc de Triomphe?
8. In which city of China is the Tiananmen Square situated?
9. When Nader Shah invaded India?
Answer: In 1739.
10. What is the expansion of NAM?
Answer: Non-Aligned Movement.
11. When Ireland became free?
12. Who became the Prime Minister in Soviet Union, after the death of Stalin?
13. The Mauryas established and patronized an art centre at on near?
14. If you stood in Donegall square and on one side were the City Hall, which Irish City would you be in?
15. Name an Indian festival once in twelve years:
Answer: Kumbh Mela.
16. In which Indian City can you visit the Qutb Minar, the tall minaret built by the slave king Qutb al-Din Aibak?
17. The tallest sky scrapper in the world is in the USA. Name it:
Answer: The Sears Tower, Chicago.
18. In which country Trincomalee Port is situated?
Answer: East Coast of Sri Lanka.
19. What does the Cenotaph in White Hall, London, commemorate?
Answer: The ‘Glorious Dead’ of the world wars.
20. Upon completion in 1931, it was called the “All-India War Memorial Arch”. How do we know it today?
Answer: India Gate.