GK 2019 Top Quizzes with Answer
1. How many times take the Sunlight to reach on Earth?
Answer: 8mins 20 sec.
2. Which planet is known as the morning & evening star?
3. Who was the first Western explorer to reach China?
Answer: Marco Polo.
4. The major diet of pandas is _
5. Connecting different computers in an organized manner within an office building can be termed as?
6. Dragonflies are some of the fastest insects. How fast can a dragonfly fly?
Answer: 7. 50 Mph.
7. A baby kangaroo remains in its mother’s pouch for how many months?
Answer: 13 months.
8. Canine teeth help for _
9. Which continent does not have any deserts?
10. A temporary storage area, attached to the CPU, for IO operations is a?
11. Which language has the most number of alphabets?
Answer: Khmer (Cambodian)
12. What is the name of the highest Mountain in Africa?
Answer: Mount Kilimanjaro.
13. What is Blue Brain project?
Answer: Cloning of human brain.
14. What was the original name of New York City?
Answer: New Amsterdam.
15. Which country is popularly knowns as ‘land of the windmills’?
Top GK Quiz Questions Everyone Should Know – GK 2019
16. A memory bus is mainly used for communication between?
Answer: Processor and memory.
17. Dew drops are formed because of _
18. Which continent is known as cold desert?
19. The Windy City in the World is?
Answer: Wellington, New Zealand.
20. A person able to use both hands with equal skill is called?
21. The life of a key switch in a modern keyboard is?
Answer: Hundred million cycles.
22. What country has the most borders?
23. Where is a shrimp’s heart?
Answer: In its Head.
24. An area of wetlands dominated by herbaceous plants rather than woody plants are called
25. What is a group of Penguins in water called?
26. In what year did American women win the right to vote?
27. Formations that come down from the ceiling in a cave are called
28. The language understood by a computer without translation is called?
Answer: Machine Language.
29. What is Odontophobia, the fear of?
30. What is known as the “master gland” of the human body?
Answer: Pituitary gland.
GK 2019 Top Quizzes Part 3 – General Knowledge 2019
31. Which structures have four basic designs – beam, cantilever, arch and suspension?
32. What are the substances in the saliva of vampire bats, leeches and mosquitoes which stop blood from clotting?
33. What was the name of the pope who introduced the reformed calender used by the western world?
Answer: Pope Gregory (Gregory XIII).
34. What is the popular name for members of the RCMP?
35. Which type of edible nut is produced by a variety of hickory tree?
36. What is the collective word for a group of companies that limits competition by price-fixing, market sharing and restricting output?
37. Which sign is the decapod of the zodiac?
38. Which river is poetically called “Isis” until it flows through Oxford?
Answer: The Thames.
39. What is an important meeting between world political leaders usually called?
Answer: Summit conference.
40. What is the Italian word for ‘swank’ and the name of an organization that is also known as “la Cosa Nostra”?
41. Who built Nizamuddin Auliya tomb?
Answer: Alauddin Khalji.
42. Which Cathedral on the Seine River is considered the pride of Paris?
Answer: The Cathedral of Notre Dame.
43. In which country would you visited Shwedagon Pagoda, one of the many great monuments to Buddhism in this country?
44. What was the court language of Mughals?
45. Which regiment was the first to rebel when the Revolt of 1857 began at Meerut on 10th May?
Answer: Third Native Cavalry.
46. When did the British Parliament transfer the power to govern India from the East India Company to the British crown?
47. Which Mughal emperor wrote his autobiography?
48. When did Lord Curzon issue an order dividing the province of Bengal into two parts?
49. Who laid the foundation of the Federation Hall to mark the indestructible unity of Bengal?
Answer: Anandamohan Bose.
50. In which year the British Government adopted what came to be known as Minto-Morley Reforms?