Multiple Choice Foods Quiz Questions with Answer and Explanation
What’s On The Menu? – Foods Quiz
From schnitzel and Spain to colcannon and Laos, see what’s on the menu in this study of international cuisine.
1. In what country would you most likely find schnitzel on the menu?
2. In what country would you most likely find paella on the menu?
3. In what country would you most likely find spanakopita on the menu?
4. In what country would you most likely find colcannon on the menu?
5. In what country would you most likely find enchiladas on the menu?
6. In what country might you find maguro on the menu?
7. In what country would you most likely find chapati on the menu?
1. D) Germany
Schnitzel is a fried meat cutlet that is very popular in Germany and other German-speaking countries.
2. C) Spain
Paella is a dish that blends seafood, poultry, rice, and other ingredients. It is beloved in its homeland of Spain.
3. B) Greece
Spanakopita is a savory pastry made of spinach and phyllo dough. It is a dish native to Greece.
4. B) Ireland
Colcannon is a dish made of cabbage and potatoes. It is popular in its homeland of Ireland.
5. D) Mexico
Enchiladas are corn pancakes filled or covered with chile sauce, cheese, and other ingredients. They are popular in Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries in the Americas.
6. A) Japan
Maguro is the Japanese word for a kind of tuna that is popular in sushi restaurants.
7. C) India
Chapati is a flat wheat bread that is popular in northern India.
Sugar, Spice, And Everything Nice – Foods Quiz
In what country would you likely find saffron in your food? What is the basic ingredient of curry? From mace to table sugar, test the “ingredients” of your knowledge in this study of sugar and spice.
8. In what country would you likely find saffron in your food?
A) South Africa
9. What is the basic ingredient of curry?
D) Celery salt
10. From which island does cinnamon originally come?
A) Sri Lanka
D) Pitcairn Island
11. Which of the following is not a spice?
12. Which of these is a mixture of herbs and spices?
C) Garam masala
D) Gulab jamun
13. What is table sugar?
14. Which kind of tree does the spice called mace come from?
8. B) Spain
Olive oil is used abundantly in Spanish cooking, as are garlic, saffron, and peppers. Saffron is a yellow-colored spice.
9. B) Turmeric
The basic ingredients of commercial curry powder are turmeric (which imparts the characteristic yellow color), cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper.
10. A) Sri Lanka
Cinnamon comes from the inner bark of a tree that is native to Sri Lanka.
11. A) Arugula
Also known as rocket, roquette, and rocula, arugula is an aromatic salad green popular in Italian and French cuisine.
12. C) Garam masala
Garam masala is a mixture of various spices and herbs. It is an essential ingredient of Indian cooking.
13. D) Sucrose
Sucrose is another word for table sugar.
14. A) Nutmeg
Mace is the ground exterior of the nutmeg seed.