Electronics Quiz Questions with Answers – What is Electronics – Electronics GK
Electronics Quiz Questions – Electronics GK Part 1 (Questions 1-15)
1) What do you mean by electronics?
Answer: The study of behavior of electrons, their control and use.
2) The process of adding certain impurities in the crystal structure of a semi-conductor so as to improve its conductivity is called?
3) It is a process of allowing electric current to flow only in one direction that is changing A.C in to D.C.
4) What is called amplification?
Answer: It is the process of strengthening weak signals.
5) What is oscillation?
Answer: It is a process of conversion of D.C in to a signal of desired frequency.
6) What is liquid crystal?
Answer: They are organic compounds resembling both liquid and crystals.
7) Which of the electronics is known as wonder child of electronics?
8) Which device work on the principle of thermionic emission?
9) The function of valve depends on the phenomenon?
Answer: Thermionic emission.
10) The third electrode in a triode is known as?
Answer: Control grid.
11) Electricity is not conducted through germanium because the number _?
Answer: Free electrons are comparatively less.
12) The thermionic valve named triode has _?
Answer: 3 electrodes.
13) The impurity to be added to get n-type semi-conductor is _?
14) The impurity to be added to get p-type semi-conductor is _?
15) Current conduction in p-type semi-conductor is due to _?
Electronics Quiz Questions – Electronics GK Part 2 (Questions 15-30)
16) Current conduction in n-type semi-conductor is due to _?
Answer: Free electrons.
17) Semi-conductor crystal having an excess of electrons by doping is named?
Answer: N-type semi-conductor.
18) Example of donor is?
19) Example of acceptor is?
20) The hole is considered as?
Answer: Equivalent of a positive charge.
21) The process of extracting audio signals from high frequency carrier waive is known as?
22) The upper limit of audibility for a normal human ear is?
23) Detection is a kind of _?
24) The reverse process of modulation is _?
25) The middle region of transistor is known as?
26) The current carriers in PNP transistor consist of _?
27) The current carriers in NPN transistor consist of _?
28) The device which can be used as an amplifier and an oscillator is _?
29) A function which cannot be done by a junction of a diode is _?
30) Power gain is equal to _?
Answer: Voltage gain x Current gain.
Electronics Quiz Questions – Electronics GK Part 3 (Questions 31-45)
31) For producing high frequency carrier wave we use:
32) The vacuum tubes (valves) were discovered by:
Answer: Lee de Forest.
33) The process of broadcasting in which the frequency of radio waves is changed in accordance with the sound signals is known as:
Answer: Frequency modulation.
34) Which is the main part of a tuner in the radio receiver?
Answer: Variable condenser.
35) The process of making a radio receiver sensitive to a particular frequency alone is known as:
36) During play back of a tape recorder, the tape is drawn past the poles of the head at a constant speed of:
Answer: 5 cm/second.
37) The part of T.V camera which produces the beam required for scanning is called:
Answer: Electron gun.
38) In our T.V. system time taken for scanning one frame is:
Answer: 1/25 second.
39) The rays starting from the cathode discharge tube are called:
Answer: Cathode rays.
40) The scientist who discovered that though gases are not good conductors, high voltage electricity can discharge through gases was:
Answer: William Crookes.
41) The unit used to express wave length is:
42) The value of capacitor is expressed in the unit:
43) The waves used in radar can be considered to be:
Answer: Micro waves.
44) Image orthicon is a kind of:
Answer: Pick up tube.
45) Who invented the tunnel diode?
Answer: Leo Esaki.
Electronics Quiz Questions – Electronics GK Part 4 (Questions 46-60)
46) The simplest type of valve is called:
47) The valve having three electrodes is known as:
48) Substances like glass, mica and rubber are called:
49) In the pure state the semiconductors are known as what?
50) After doping a semiconductor will have good electrical conductivity. In such a stage it will be known as:
51) If a silicon crystal is doped with an element of group five it becomes:
Answer: N-type semiconductor.
52) The impurity used to make p-type semiconductor is:
Answer: Boron or gallium or indium.
53) The majority carriers in n-type semiconductor is:
54) A semiconductor one side of which is doped with a p-type impurity and the other side is doped with n-type impurity is called:
Answer: PN junction diode.
55) What is known as diffused junction?
Answer: The P.N junction obtained by diffusing impurity into the semiconductor crystal.
56) When the P region and N region of a P-N diode are connected to the negative and positive poles of the battery respectively it is said to be in:
Answer: Reverse biased.
57) The process of mixing the audio signals with high frequency carrier waves is called:
58) Which must have the proper size to match the impedance of the transmitter or receiver to that of space?
Answer: The antenna.
59) What is called the type of modulation in which the frequency of the carrier waves is altered in accordance with the audio signals?
Answer: Frequency modulation.
60) In amplitude modulation which of the carrier wave is changed in accordance with the sound pattern?