Electronics General Knowledge – Electronics GK Questions Answers – Online General Knowledge
Electronics Questions and Answers
1. For producing high frequency carrier wave we use:
2. The vacuum tubes (valves) were discovered by:
Answer: Lee de Forest.
3. The process of broadcasting in which the frequency of radio waves is changed in accordance with the sound signals is known as:
Answer: Frequency modulation.
4. Which is the main part of a tuner in the radio receiver?
Answer: Variable condenser.
5. The process of making a radio receiver sensitive to a particular frequency alone is known as:
6. During play back of a tape recorder, the tape is drawn past the poles of the head at a constant speed of:
Answer: 5 cm/second.
7. The part of T.V camera which produces the beam required for scanning is called:
Answer: Electron gun.
8. In our T.V. system time taken for scanning one frame is:
Answer: 1/25 second.
9. The rays starting from the cathode discharge tube are called:
Answer: Cathode rays.
10. The scientist who discovered that though gases are not good conductors, high voltage electricity can discharge through gases was:
Answer: William Crookes.
Online Electronics General Knowledge
11. The unit used to express wave length is:
12. The value of capacitor is expressed in the unit:
13. The waves used in radar can be considered to be:
Answer: Micro waves.
14. Image orthicon is a kind of:
Answer: Pick up tube.
15. Who invented the tunnel diode?
Answer: Leo Esaki.
16. The simplest type of valve is called:
17. The valve having three electrodes is known as:
18. Substances like glass, mica and rubber are called:
19. In the pure state the semiconductors are known as what?
20. After doping a semiconductor will have good electrical conductivity. In such a stage it will be known as:
Basic Electronics GK Questions with Answers
21. If a silicon crystal is doped with an element of group five it becomes:
Answer: N-type semiconductor.
22. The impurity used to make p-type semiconductor is:
Answer: Boron or gallium or indium.
23. The majority carriers in n-type semiconductor is:
24. A semiconductor one side of which is doped with a p-type impurity and the other side is doped with n-type impurity is called:
Answer: PN junction diode.
25. What is known as diffused junction?
Answer: The P.N junction obtained by diffusing impurity into the semiconductor crystal.
26. When the P region and N region of a P-N diode are connected to the negative and positive poles of the battery respectively it is said to be in:
Answer: Reverse biased.
27. The process of mixing the audio signals with high frequency carrier waves is called:
28. Which must have the proper size to match the impedance of the transmitter or receiver to that of space?
Answer: The antenna.
29. What is called the type of modulation in which the frequency of the carrier waves is altered in accordance with the audio signals?
Answer: Frequency modulation.
30. In amplitude modulation which of the carrier wave is changed in accordance with the sound pattern?