Top 50 General Animals Quiz Questions Part 3 – GK Animal Quiz
1. How many eggs does a mallard duck (Anas platyrhynchos) typically lay?
2. What’s the name of a mid-20th-century TV show that featured a talking horse?
Answer: Mr. Ed.
3. How many kilograms does a baby elephant typically weigh?
4. Which insects gang up to kill hives of bees and steal their honey?
Answer: Japanese hornets.
5. A bunch of otters is a:
6. What is a dog’s front leg called?
7. What is another word for how bats sleep?
8. What is the name for a group of common and often deadly snakes?
9. What keeps tree frogs from falling?
Answer: suction cups on their feet.
10. On what animal would you find a howdah?
11. To which continent are capybaras native?
Answer: South America.
12. Which of these words describes mammals, in terms of body heat?
13. Which animal has the widest hearing range?
14. Field ants take their name from their preferred habitat. True or false?
15. The word turd derives from which language’s word for excrement?
Answer: Middle English.
16. How many pups does a gray wolf (Canis lupus) normally give birth to?
17. How many known species of insects are there?
18. Akita, a dog, is a national treasure of which country?
19. A congregation of rhinoceroses is known as a:
20. What are dogs most closely related to?
21. The tallest land creature is the:
22. How many kinds of snakes are there?
23. Which of these is found in carnivorous animals?
24. Where are most chameleons found in nature?
25. What is the mammal with the longest tongue, relative to its size?
Answer: nectar bat.
Basic and Easy Animal Quizzes with Answers
26. What is the name for an insect’s egg-laying organ?
27. What kind of animal is a stallion?
28. Ants can be used to predict the weather. True or false?
29. Which animal uses a cloud of excrement to distract predators, much as a squid uses ink?
Answer: Pygmy sperm whale.
30. How many cubs does a tiger (Panthera tigris) typically give birth to?
31. The Norse god Odin rode a magical horse with eight legs. What was the horse’s name?
32. A group of hyenas is known as a:
33. Which of these is another name for the panda?
34. How many bones does a dog have in its spine?
35. In what geological period did birds evolve?
36. Snails are called gastropods. True or false?
37. How do male dance flies entice prospective mates?
Answer: By presenting them with packages of food.
38. What is the largest number of eggs an American toad (Anaxyrus americanus) can typically lay?
39. On average, how many babies are in a capybara litter?
Answer: 4 or 5.
40. About which horse did Jimmy Driftwood write a song, popularized first by Eddy Arnold and later by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band?
Answer: Tennessee Stud.
41. Where would you not expect to find a viper?
42. Which insect lays its eggs in the living body of its victims?
Answer: cicada killer wasp.
43. What is the smallest breed of dog?
44. What mammal has killed the most humans?
45. A quetzal is a kind of:
46. Most snails and slugs are very small. True or false?
47. The males of which group of birds are known for creating elaborately decorated structures in order to entice mates?
48. How many pounds of meat is a large male lion capable of eating in one sitting?
49. What’s the name of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee’s best-known horse?
50. What is the name for a baby koala?