Computer Quiz Questions and Answers – Online Easy GK Questions
1) Digital computers are classified in four categories. What are they?
Answer: Microcomputers, Mini computers, Mainframe computers and Super computers.
2) PC/XT stands for?
Answer: Personal computers extended technology.
3) PC/AT stands for?
Answer: personal computers advanced technology.
4) MIPS is?
Answer: million instructions per second.
5) Example for mini computers?
Answer: IBM AS/400/B60, VAX 8842, WIPROGENIUS, WIPRO LANDMARK 860, HP 9000 etc.
6) In the case of Microcomputers speed of CPU is?
Answer: 1-10 MIPS.
7) Speed of CPU in the case of Minicomputer is?
Answer: 20-50 MIPS.
8) Speed of CPU in the case of Mainframe computer is?
Answer: 30-100 MIPS.
9) Speed of CPU in the case of Super computer is?
Answer: 400-10000 MIPS.
10) Word length of Microcomputers?
Answer: 8-32 bit.
11) Word length of Mainframe computers?
Answer: 48-64 bit.
12) Word length of Super computers?
Answer: 64 or 96 bit.
13) Main memory has 3 distinct parts. What are they?
Answer: Ram, Rom, Cache.
14) Two different types of Semi-conductor RAM memories are there. What are they?
Answer: DRAM (Dynamic RAM), SRAM (Static RAM)
15) In which memory, the data stored are lost in the event of power failure?
Answer: DRAM, SRAM.
Basic Computer Questions with Answers
16) EPROM stands for?
Answer: Erasable programmable Read Only Memory.
17) UPROM stands for?
Answer: Ultraviolet Programmable Read Only Memory.
18) EAPROM stands for?
Answer: Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory.
19) A standard protocol that describes communication between computers, synthesizers and musical instrument is?
20) The program change that makes up the operating system, along with the associated utility program change, as distinct from an application program is?
Answer: System software.
21) The basis of internet is?
22) To remove permanently, the content of data file in a database management system erase is?
23) 4GL stands for?
Answer: Fourth generation language.
24) FORTRAN is acronym for?
Answer: Formula Translator.
25) The first compiled high level programming language developed by Jim Backus of IBM is?
Answer: FORTRAN (it is widely used in engineering, technical and academic settings)
26) An optical device used to digitalize a whole page on a large image is ?
Answer: Flatbed scanner.
27) FIFO stands for?
Answer: First In First Out.
28) A method is used to process information in which the first item in the list is processed first is?
29) Any software stored in a form of Read Only Memory – ROM, EPROM or EEROM that maintain its contents when the power is removed is?
30) A computer peripheral that presents computer output as a printed image or paper or film is?